This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Our Watermelon Mojitos are slightly sweet and extremely refreshing. Fresh mint and ripe watermelon are the perfect combo in this low carb cocktail. This drink is made in less than 5 minutes and you won’t believe it’s low carb!
The flavors of fresh mint, lime, and watermelon shine in this fun summer Keto Watermelon Mojitos cocktail! Rum for the adults, or skip it for the kiddos.
These delicious and fresh watermelon cocktails are perfect for any summer gathering. Potluck, block party, pool party, or even a BBQ! Everyone will love these low carb drinks – especially if they’re big watermelon fans!
Our low carb watermelon mojito doesn’t have any added sugar. To make this low carb cocktail taste sweet we used fresh watermelon and a few drops stevia extract.
A typical watermelon mojito has 282 calories 53g of carbohydrates and 40g of sugar. Whereas our low carb watermelon mojito has just 110 calories and 3.8g of carbohydrates!
Tips for making a Low Carb Cocktail
- Omit simple syrup from cocktails
- Don’t use pre-made cocktail mixes either in powder or liquid form
- Don’t use sweetened forms of milks for making cocktails like piña coladas
- Omit high carb fruits in large quantities
- Avoid fruit juices especially if they have added sugar like high fructose corn syrup
- Use liquid stevia or monk fruit as a sweetener
What is the lowest carb alcohol?
When it comes to low carb alcohol drinks, there is still quite a selection. Clear liquors are the best since they have no carbs, but there are also low carb beer, champagne and wines to choose from as well.
Low Carb Liquors include
Low Carb Wines
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cab Frank
- Sauvignon Blanc
Just be sure to avoid anything overly sweet and flavored as they are high in carbs from the sugar and sweeteners. During the fermentation process of wine making, the yeast ferments the sugar in the grapes to make alcohol. Therefor lowering the carbohydrate content of the wines.
Is rum low carb?
Rum is a great choice when you’re on a keto diet. It not only is low-carb, but it is NO carb! Make sure to chose a clear rum and not a fruity flavored rum.
How to make a watermelon mojito
For this watermelon cocktail, you want to create a nice puree with your watermelon prior to mixing together this watermelon drink. Be sure you get all the chunks for the best watermelon mojito cocktail!
From there, the basics is mixing together a few ingredients, separating them out, and adding the liquid.
The great thing about this watermelon rum cocktail, is it can easily be made into a mocktail for kids! Just omit the rum from this watermelon rum drink, and you know have a fun refreshing summer drink for the kids! They will love feeling like they have a fancy drink just like the adults.
Other Low Carb Drinks You May Enjoy
- Keto Mojito
- Iced Strawberry Lemon Tea Recipe
Make it a Party! Pair this Keto Watermelon Mojito with these low carb appetizers!
- Chilled Old Bay Crab Salad Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Deviled Eggs with Relish
- Baked Creamy Garlic Parmesan Hot Artichoke Dip
- Pimento Cheese Recipe with Celery – Keto & Gluten Free
GIVE ME THE TOP 10 KETO TIPS!
Delivered straight to your email.
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Keto Watermelon Mojitos
- 4 shots light rum silver or white rum
- 2 sprigs fresh mint plus more for garnish
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 1 cup diced watermelon pureed
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 4 wedges fresh lime each wedge 1/8 of lime
- Muddle the rum, mint, and stevia together; mix in the watermelon puree.
- Pour 1 cup crushed ice into each of 4 glasses; divide the watermelon mixture between the glasses and top each with 1/4 cup sparkling water. Squeeze 1 wedge of fresh lime into each glass.
- Top each with fresh mint if desired, and serve.
- Use watermelon at it's peak freshness to ensure the best flavor!
- Make sure that you puree the watermelon all the way as to not have chunks in your drink!
- You can easy puree the watermelon in a blender or magic bullet
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
This watermelon mojito recipe contains alcohol and is only intended for persons aged 21 years and older. Please drink responsibly!