This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
This Instant Pot Chuck Roast Recipe is seriously so easy to make! It’s a quick low carb dinner meal that’s almost completely hands off! Cook a big beef chuck roast and use it for different recipes throughout the week! It’s the perfect meat to meal prep!
Instant Pot Chuck Roast Recipe
Sometimes we just crave comfort foods, even in the middle of Summer! You know those meals that just give you that homey feeling?
Those are some of my favorites! That’s why I love this Instant Pot chuck roast recipe so much! This is one of those classic recipes that is perfect for any occasion.
What is a Chuck Roast?
The term chuck roast is used for any cut of meat that comes from the chuck, or the shoulder part of the steer. It usually has wonderful marbling (white fat) throughout the meat.
A chuck roast is great for pressure cooking or slow cooking. Both of these cooking methods will deliver you with a melt-in-your-mouth, delicious meal.
Chuck roast isn’t a cut of meat that can be rushed. It takes quite some time or pressure to cook. Don’t try grilling, pan searing or baking this cut for a short period of time. It’s the perfect meat to cook on a lazy Sunday when you have plenty of time and don’t need dinner on the table in a flash.
Ingredients for a Pressure Cooker Chuck Roast Recipe
- Beef chuck roast
- Black pepper
- Avocado oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Minced garlic
- Water or beef stock
- Minced fresh parsley
How To Make Chuck Roast In An Instant Pot
This pressure cooker chuck roast recipes is super simple!
First, you’ll pat the meat dry with paper towels and season on both sides with salt and black pepper. Next, turn the Instant Pot on to the “Sauté” function. Wait for it to heat up, then add the chuck roast.
Let it sear on the first side, and then flip it and let it sear on the second side. Once seared, add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and water (or beef stock).
Next, secure the lid and turn the pot on to Manual, High Pressure. Once fully cooked, let it do a natural pressure release. Lastly, just shred the beef with 2 forks, and then transfer it to a serving platter. Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, whip out that handy dandy slow cooker or crock pot and let’s get this meat cooking!
Chuck Roast in a Slow Cooker Directions
To make this instant pot chuck roast recipe into a slow cooker recipe it’s actually very simple. Instead of following the cook times to pressure cook, you will set your slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours.
As for the saute step that is done in the instant pot, you will need to sear the roast in a skillet before placing it into the slow cooker unless your slow cooker also has a saute function.
Pro Tip: You can skip the searing step if you don’t want to get a pan dirty. We highly suggest you do sear the meat first though! It helps improve the flavor of the meat.
How To Serve Beef Chuck Roast
There are a few different ways you can serve the beef chuck roast.
- Easily slice it with a knife
- Shred it with two forks and serve it up shredded
- Even easier than method 2, use an electric hand blender to shred the beef
No matter if you serve it sliced or shredded, you’ll want to add a few sides to complete this dish!
Low Carb Side Dishes
- 30-Minute Keto Zucchini Beer Macaroni and Cheese
- Keto Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mash
- Keto One-Skillet Balsamic-Glazed Sauteed Asparagus with Bacon
- Low Carb Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Low Carb Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
Tips For Making an Instant Pot Chuck Roast Recipe
- Make sure your instant pot is set to “sealing” and is fully secured before walking away and leaving it to cook. If the valve isn’t sealed steam will start to release and the pot will never get to the right pressure level to begin cooking.
- Don’t skip the step that involves patting the meat dry. Drying the meat helps make for a better sear, and an overall better end product.
- Speaking of searing, don’t skip that part either. Searing the meat first will give it that nice caramelization in the meat. Giving you that full intense flavor we want to make a mouthwatering chuck roast.
More Keto Instant Pot Recipes To Try
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Instant Pot Chuck Roast Recipe
- Pat the meat dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the “Sauté” function. Wait 2 minutes for it to heat up, and then add the chuck roast. Let it sear on the first side, and then flip it and let it sear on the second side.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and water (or beef stock).
- Secure the lid. Turn the pot on to Manual, High Pressure for 60 minutes, and then let it do a natural pressure release
- Shred the beef with 2 forks, and then transfer it to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.
- You can skip the searing step if you don’t want to get a pan dirty. We highly suggest you do sear the meat first though! It helps improve the flavor of the meat.
- If you don’t have a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, whip out that handy dandy slow cooker or crock pot and let’s get this meat cooking!