Instant Pot Chuck Roast is easy to make with minimal hands-on prep time, and is tender and delicious every time!
This Instant Pot Chuck Roast recipe is seriously so easy to make! The meat comes out juicy, moist, and flavorful every time. It’s a quick low carb dinner meal that’s almost completely hands off.
Cook a big beef chuck roast and use it for different recipes throughout the week. It’s the perfect meat to meal prep!
Tender and Delicious Easy Instant Pot Chuck Roast Recipe
Sometimes we just crave comfort foods, even in the middle of summer! You know those meals that just give you that homey feeling? Those are some of our favorites!
That’s why we love this Instant Pot chuck roast recipe so much! This is one of those classic recipes that is perfect for any occasion.
And bonus, with this recipe you can meal prep a roast dinner in the middle of the summer without heating up the kitchen. And don’t feel like you have to eat this as a pot roast dinner with traditional sides (which we also love). We share tons of ideas on what to make with shredded beef, many which are perfect for summer – like salad!
What is a Chuck Roast?
The term chuck roast is used for any cut of meat that comes from the chuck, or the shoulder part of the steer. It usually has wonderful marbling (white fat) throughout the meat.
A chuck roast is great for pressure cooking or slow cooking. Both of these cooking methods will deliver a melt-in-your-mouth, delicious meal.
Chuck roast isn’t a cut of meat that can be rushed. It takes quite some time or pressure to cook. Don’t try grilling, pan searing, or baking this cut for a short period of time. It’s the perfect meat to cook on a lazy Sunday when you have plenty of time and don’t need dinner on the table in a flash.
Ingredients For a Pressure Cooker Chuck Roast Recipe
- Beef chuck roast – look for a roast with gorgeous marbling
- Salt & black pepper – to season the meat
- Avocado oil – to sear the roast
- Worcestershire sauce – for savory flavor
- Minced garlic – for aroma and flavor
- Water or beef stock – the liquid to cook the Instant Pot pot roast
- Minced fresh parsley – this optional garnish adds a pop of bright color
How To Make Chuck Roast in an Instant Pot
This pressure cooker chuck roast recipes is super simple!
First, pat the meat dry with paper towels and season on both sides with salt and black pepper. Next, turn the Instant Pot on to the “Sauté” function. Wait for it to heat up, then add the oil and chuck roast.
Let it sear on the first side, and then flip it and let it sear on the second side. Once seared, add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and water (or beef stock).
Next, secure the lid and turn the pot on to Manual, High Pressure for 60 minutes. Once fully cooked, let it do a natural pressure release. Lastly, just shred the beef with 2 forks, and then transfer it to a serving platter. Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, whip out that handy dandy slow cooker or crock pot and let’s get this meat cooking!
Chuck Roast in a Slow Cooker Directions
It’s actually very simple to make this Instant Pot chuck roast recipe into a slow cooker recipe. Instead of following the cook times to pressure cook, you will set your slow cooker on low for 7 to 8 hours.
As for the sauté step that is done in the Instant Pot, you will need to sear the roast in a skillet before placing it into the slow cooker unless your slow cooker also has a sauté function.
Pro Tip: You can skip the searing step if you don’t want to get a pan dirty. However, we highly suggest you sear the meat first though! It helps improve the flavor of the roast.
How To Serve Beef Chuck Roast
There are a few different ways you can serve beef chuck roast:
- Easily slice it with a knife
- Shred it with two forks and serve it up shredded
- Even easier than method 2, use an electric hand blender to shred the beef
No matter if you serve it sliced or shredded, you’ll want to add a few sides to complete this pot roast Instant Pot recipe.
What to Serve with Chuck Roast in the Instant Pot
Here are a few low carb side dishes that pair perfectly with fall-apart tender Instant Pot beef chuck roast:
- 30-Minute Keto Zucchini Beer Macaroni and Cheese
- Keto Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mash
- Keto One-Skillet Balsamic-Glazed Sauteed Asparagus with Bacon
- Low Carb Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Low Carb Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
What to Make with Shredded Beef
If you shred your roast once it’s cooked, you can use it to make a ton of different things! Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Pulled BBQ Beef
- 3 Cheese Grilled Cheese with BBQ Beef
- Shredded Beef Keto Taco Salad
- Low Carb Leftover Pot Roast with Chimichurri
Tips For Making an Instant Pot Chuck Roast Recipe
- Make sure your instant pot is set to “sealing” and is fully secured before walking away and leaving it to cook. If the valve isn’t sealed, steam will start to release and the pot will never get to the right pressure level to begin cooking.
- Don’t skip the step that involves patting the meat dry. Drying the meat helps make for a better sear, and an overall better end product.
- Speaking of searing, don’t skip that part either. Searing the meat first will give it that nice caramelization in the meat. It will yield that full intense flavor that we want to make a mouthwatering chuck roast.
More Keto Instant Pot Recipes To Try
- Easy Instant Pot Low Carb Meatloaf Recipe
- Instant Pot Deviled Eggs with Relish
- Low Carb Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Super Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe (Instant Pot, Slow Cooker & Oven Directions)
- Instant Pot Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Low Carb Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Keto Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Chuck Roast Recipe
What You’ll Need
- Pat the meat dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the “Sauté” function. Wait 2 minutes for it to heat up, and then add the oil and the chuck roast. Let it sear on the first side, and then flip it and let it sear on the second side.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and water (or beef stock).
- Secure the lid. Turn the pot on to Manual, High Pressure for 60 minutes, and then let it do a natural pressure release.
- Shred the beef with 2 forks, and then transfer it to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.
- You can skip the searing step if you don’t want to get a pan dirty. We highly suggest you do sear the meat first though! It helps improve the flavor of the meat.
- If you don’t have a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, whip out that handy dandy slow cooker or crock pot and let’s get this meat cooking!