Keto One-Skillet Balsamic-Glazed Sautéed Asparagus with Bacon is the perfect side dish for spring! We look forward to fresh spring vegetables all winter, and asparagus is high up on our list of favorites. This recipe serves two, but it is very easy to double or even triple if you’re cooking for a crowd. This would be a lovely addition to Easter supper, or any spring meal.
The trick to this recipe is to use a great-quality balsamic vinegar. Its flavor will permeate the asparagus as it cooks so you want something with great flavor; we like the Natural Earth Products brand of balsamic vinegar.
Here asparagus is braised in chicken stock and balsamic vinegar with a hint of sweetness. Bacon adds salt and texture and Parmesan adds cheesy nuttiness. This recipe really elevates asparagus, which is already a very elegant vegetable, into something truly special.
- 4 slices bacon (we like Applegate)
- 1 lb (450 g) asparagus, woody ends trimmed off and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup (120 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon good-quality balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon granulated erythritol
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh-grated Parmesan cheese
- Crisp the bacon in a medium skillet; transfer to a plate to cool, and then crumble.
- Add the asparagus, chicken stock, vinegar, erythritol, and black pepper to the skillet the bacon was cooked in. Bring up to a boil, and then cover the skillet, turn the heat down to medium, and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until the liquid is evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle the Parmesan on top, and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, The Keto Queens will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.