Keto One-Skillet Balsamic-Glazed Sautéed Asparagus with Bacon is the perfect side dish for just about anything from chicken to steak to fish!
We look forward to fresh spring vegetables all winter, and asparagus is high up on our list of favorites. This recipe serves two, but it is very easy to double or even triple if you’re cooking for a crowd. This would be a lovely addition to Easter supper, or any spring meal.
The trick to this recipe is to use a great-quality balsamic vinegar. Its flavor will permeate the asparagus as it cooks so you want something with great flavor; we like the Natural Earth Products brand of balsamic vinegar.
Here asparagus is braised in chicken stock and balsamic vinegar with a hint of sweetness. Bacon adds salt and texture and Parmesan adds cheesy nuttiness. This recipe really elevates asparagus, which is already a very elegant vegetable, into something truly special.
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Keto One-Skillet Balsamic-Glazed Sautéed Asparagus with Bacon
- Crisp the bacon in a medium skillet; transfer to a plate to cool, and then crumble.
- Add the asparagus, chicken stock, vinegar, erythritol, and black pepper to the skillet the bacon was cooked in. Bring up to a boil, and then cover the skillet, turn the heat down to medium, and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until the liquid is evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle the Parmesan on top, and serve.
- Net Carbs: 8g per serving (1/2 of recipe)