This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Classic Pressure Cooker Meatloaf. We’ve brought you a traditional, down home comfort food that is keto friendly AND gluten free. Now, you can enjoy your favorite recipes from your childhood while keeping yourself on track with a keto diet!
This Keto Instant Pot Classic Meatloaf is just like grandma used to make (except without all the carbs!). It’s tender, moist, and flavorful, and you can use your favorite no-sugar-added BBQ sauce or ketchup to play with the flavor profile.
So I have to admit I was never a fan of meatloaf growing up. Actually Faith’s meatloaf was the first one that I actually enjoyed and went back for seconds! Sorry Dad!
Today we’re giving you easy step by step direction on how to make a classic meatloaf low carb and super quick in your pressure cooker!
How to make meatloaf in a pressure cooker
To make meatloaf in a pressure cooker, first combine all the ingredients in a large bowl to make your meatloaf mixture.
Second, lay two sheets of aluminum foil down onto the counter. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place it in the center of the foil.
Next, wrap the foil about 1 1/2 inches up around the sides of the meatloaf so it has its own little tray.
Then, place a metal trivet into the inner chamber of the pressure cooker. Add about 1 cup of water. Place the meatloaf on top of the trivet.
After that, turn the pot on Manual High Pressure for 25 minutes and then do a quick pressure release.
Now, use tongs or potholders to carefully remove the meatloaf to a foil-lined baking tray.
Finally, spread the pizza sauce on top of the meatloaf and broil until lightly browned (this step is optional).
Serve your pressure cooker meatloaf hot and steamy!
How long to cook meatloaf
A traditional meatloaf baked in the oven usually takes nearly an hour to bake. At 350 degrees Fahrenheit, an oven baked meatloaf should take about 45-55 minutes to bake.
Using a pressure cooker takes much less time to cook a meatloaf than baking it in the oven. If you’re cooking your meatloaf in the pressure cooker, it should take less than a half hour to cook. When using your pressure cooker, turn the pot to Manual, High Pressure for 25 minutes and then do a quick release.
Meatloaf internal temp
Your homemade meatloaf should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Once you’ve finished baking your meatloaf or cooking it in the pressure cooker, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to be sure that it reads 160.
Meatloaf cook time
Cooking Instant Pot meatloaf is super easy and takes about half the time as baking meatloaf in a conventional oven. Cook our homemade keto meatloaf in the pressure cooker or Instant Pot for 25 minutes on Manual, High pressure and then do a quick release.
Pro Tip: This will give you the appropriate, safe internal temperature of your meatloaf while providing the tender yet firm texture that we love for our meatloaf!
Meatloaf sauce – low carb pizza sauce
Though the most common sauce topped on a traditional meatloaf recipe is ketchup, there are lots of different sauces that can be used with meatloaf. The sauce we recommend for this meatloaf recipe is a no sugar added pizza sauce like Rao’s or Yo Mama’s.
Calories in meatloaf
Our low carb instant pot meatloaf has ~337kcals per slice and 4g total carbs and 3g net carbs per serving.
In our low carb, keto, gluten free pressure cooker meatloaf recipe, the ingredients we used include:
- 85 to 90% lean ground beef
- onion, grated
- almond flour
- finely-grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- minced fresh parsley
- dried Italian herb seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- no-sugar-added pizza sauce
In this meatloaf recipe, we seasoned our low carb meatloaf with fresh parsley, dried Italian herb seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. We also like to add a hint of Worcestershire sauce to jazz up this dish!
To top this keto meatloaf, we lastly use no sugar added pizza sauce instead of traditional ketchup. Standard ketchups have added sugars that can kick you out of ketosis. A no sugar added pizza sauce contains only natural sugars from the tomatoes, so it is not packed with unnecessary sugars.
Try another one of our recipes for Instant Pot low carb meatloaf Florentine!
Make this a meal and pair it with sautéed spinach and mushrooms. Or try some of our other low carb sides.
- Low Carb Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
- 30-Minute Keto Zucchini Beer Macaroni and Cheese
- Keto Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mash
- Low Carb Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Sign up below to join our newsletter if you want to be notified when a new recipe is posted🙂
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Classic Pressure Cooker Meatloaf (Low Carb, Keto, Gluten Free)
- pressure cooker
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef 85 to 90% lean
- 1/2 medium onion grated
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely-grated
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons parsley minced fresh
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning dried
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup no-sugar-added pizza sauce
- Use your hands to mix together the ground meat, onion, almond flour, parmesan, egg, parsley, Italian herb seasoning, Worcestershire, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Lay 2 sheets of aluminum foil down onto the counter. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place it in the center of the foil. Wrap the foil about 1 1/2 inches up around the sides of the meatloaf so it has its own little tray.
- Place a metal trivet into the inner chamber of pressure cooker. Add 1 cup (240 ml) water. Place the meatloaf on top of the trivet.
- Turn the pot on Manual, High Pressure for 25 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Use tongs or potholders to carefully remove the meatloaf to a foil-lined baking tray.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the meatloaf and broil until lightly browned.