Keto Breakfast Meal Prep.
You’re a busy person.. we understand! When you’re as busy as we are, it can be hard to prepare meals every.. single.. day. But fear not, because we have a solution for you — meal prepping! Preparing your meals ahead of time gives you convenient, ready-to-eat meals of appropriate portions.
Meal prepping typically leads to eating more nutritious meals AND helps you avoid overeating, as you are less likely to grab quick, less healthy snacks when your food is already made and portioned for you.
Breakfast is the most difficult meal to include in your day. Lots of people skip breakfast due to lack of time or motivation to prepare something to eat in the morning. To help you out with this, we have a bunch of awesome keto breakfast recipes that you can make now and eat later!
Keto Breakfast Meal Prep
How to meal prep
There’s more than just one way to meal prep!
- Ingredient Prep: Preparing and storing ingredients to be used for meals eaten at a later time can be very handy.
- Make-ahead Meals: For the whole family, it may be helpful to make full meals ahead of time and store them in the fridge to be reheated during mealtimes.
- Batch Cooking: Making large batches of a recipe and individually portioning and freezing the leftovers is another meal prep idea.
- Individual Portions: Finally, the most popular method is to prepare fresh meals ahead of time and portion them into meal prep containers in individual servings to be eaten over the next week or so.
Low carb egg muffins
Egg muffins are one of the easiest of keto breakfast meal prep ideas! Run out the door with one (or three) of these yummy low carb egg muffins!
- Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Egg Muffins – The Keto Queens
- Low-Carb Egg Muffins for a Grab-and-Go Breakfast – Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Low-Carb Breakfast Egg Cups – 9 Ways – Life Made Keto
- Low-Carb Egg Muffins Wrapped in Bacon – Low Carb Yum
Remember the ingredient prep method that we talked about earlier? Well we’re putting it in the spotlight with this next meal prep recipe! Believe it or not, you can meal prep for omelettes!
Omelette-in-a-Jar! Mix your veggies and meat into a mason jar along with a couple of eggs, mix it up, and pop the jar in the oven or microwave. Grab your jar on your way out the door and start your day off right!
If it’s a more traditional omelette you crave, we have meal prep ideas for you too! Chop up all of the veggies and/or meats that you love to add to your morning eggs, combine them in jars, and store the jars in the fridge. Each jar represents an omelette, so simply add the contents of your veggie/meat jar to your pan of eggs, and avoid all of that early morning breakfast prep!
Easy keto breakfast omelette meal prep ideas here!
- Sausage, Spinach, and Pepper Omelette in a Jar – My Life Cookbook
- 1 Minute Low Carb Mason Jar Omelettes – The Protein Chef
- 8 Minute Low Carb Scrambled Egg Breakfast Jars – Appetite For Energy
- Pressure Cooker Jalapeno Popper Omelettes in a Jar – Health Starts in the Kitchen
Keto homemade protein bars
Making your own protein bars or bites is a simple and healthy breakfast meal prep idea to get you out the door fast!
Try these easy keto protein bar meal prep ideas at home for a great low carb breakfast or snack!
- Chocolate Chip Collagen Bars – Jennifer Banz
- Homemade Keto Bars – Keto Connect
- 3 Ingredient Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites : The Keto Queens
- Low Carb Chocolate Fudge Protein Bars – Sugar Free Mom
Grab and go keto foods
Sometimes we need a little something to hold us over until our next meal, and that’s just fine! There are loads of grab-and-go keto foods that you can stock up on or make from scratch.
String cheese, avocado, nuts, hard-boiled eggs, beef jerky, a spoonful of peanut butter, or a keto fat bomb are just a few quick and easy foods to munch on if you’re craving a snack!
Linked below are some insanely delicious keto fat bomb recipes you HAVE TO try!
- Keto Edible Sugar Cookie Dough Fat Bombs – The Keto Queens
- Keto Fat Bombs – Low Carb Chocolate Covered Vanilla Buttercream Truffle Candy – The Keto Queens
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Fat Bombs – The Keto Queens
- Keto Pistachio Truffles or Fat Bombs – I Breathe I’m Hungry
- Best Keto Fat Bombs | Shelf Stable! – Keto Connect
Bulletproof coffee/tea/bone broth recipes
Bulletproof coffee, tea, and bone broth recipes are a great way to kick yourself back into ketosis if you’ve fallen off the wagon! Meal prep and refrigerate any of these recipes for a liquid keto fix in a flash!
- Bulletproof Coffee Recipe with Keto Vanilla Cream – The Keto Queens
- Bulletproof Matcha Latte – The Keto Queens
- Easy Bulletproof Golden Milk Recipe – The Keto Queens
- Detox-Friendly, Anti-Inflammatory Bone Broth Recipes – The Keto Queens
- Rose Tea Latte with Vanilla Rooibos – An Edible Mosaic
Yes, your dreams have come true. You can meal prep pancakes! Make any of these fluffy, delicious (and keto) protein pancake recipes when you have the time, then heat them up and add your favorite toppings the morning you plan to enjoy them!
Keto protein pancakes:
- Protein Pancakes! Only 4 Ingredients – Jennifer Banz
- Low Carb Pancakes – Keto Pancake Recipe – Tasteaholics
- The Best Keto Pancakes – Keto Connect
- Low Carb Protein Pancakes – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip – Ketogasm
- Low Carb Flaxseed Pancakes Recipe – Wholesome Yum
Keto (non-protein) pancakes:
- Low Carb Coconut Flour Pancakes – Low Carb Yum
- Easy Coconut Flour Pancakes with Cream Cheese – Wholesome Yum
Once again.. your dreams have come true! Keto Breakfast Meal prep waffles are a thing. Similarly to the meal prep pancakes, make your waffles ahead of time (in a waffle iron this time), cut them into 4 sections, portion them into meal prep containers and store in the fridge until the morning you crave them!
Add these keto protein waffle recipes into your breakfast meal prep rotation – you won’t regret it!
Keto protein waffles:
- Keto Protein Waffle Recipe – Keto Connect
- Protein Waffles – Only 4 Ingredients – Jennifer Banz
- Chocolate Protein Waffles – Ketogasm
- Low Carb Protein Waffles – Kim’s Cravings
Keto (non-protein) waffles:
Sweet Keto Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes
- Keto Toasted Coconut Chia Pudding
- Low Carb Homemade Granola Recipe (Cinnamon Toast Crunch Copycat)
- Instant Pot Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Low Carb Maple Pecan French Toast Casserole
If you loved this post on Keto Breakfast Meal Prep and want to learn more about keto meal prepping checkout out our post on keto chicken meal prep, healthy meal prep tools for easy meal prep, and our keto meal prep made easy.
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 2 weeks of keto meal plans for free!
Or if you don’t have enough time to cook, we’ve partnered with Diet-To-Go to give you $40 off 1 week of keto meals! They’re super convenient to have on hand. Store them in your fridge if you plan to have them that week, or keep them in the freezer for those “just in case” times.
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.