We like to think of Toasted Coconut Chia Pudding as a keto version of coconut cream pie, or maybe a cross between coconut cream pie and tapioca pudding. No matter what you call it, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone. We keep a couple stashed in the fridge to grab as a breakfast-on-the-go on busy mornings, but these puddings are just as satisfying for dessert. You can choose whether or not you want to add a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top of each, but we highly recommend it!
We used Chosen Foods Organic Chia Seeds, which are a nutrient-dense superfood that packs more omega-3 than salmon, three times the fiber in one slice of whole wheat bread, 50% more antioxidants than a single serving of blueberries, and 17% of the recommended daily value of calcium in just two tablespoons. And let’s be honest, chia seeds make it pretty easy to whip up a delicious and nutritious pudding!
- ½ cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups (355 ml) water
- 6 tablespoons Chosen Foods Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract (or coconut extract)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted (for topping)
- Combine the cream, water, chia seeds, vanilla, almond extract, stevia, salt, and ½ cup coconut in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or until gelled, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the pudding into individual serving glasses and sprinkle the toasted coconut on top (if desired, top each with a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream before sprinkling on the toasted coconut).
- Serve chilled; store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, The Keto Queens will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.