Low Carb Chocolate Covered Vanilla Buttercream Truffle Candy (Keto Fat Bombs) are the perfect way to simultaneously get in those healthy fats and satisfy your sweet tooth!
The keto answer to candy cravings is usually a fat bomb! We’ve seen them in just about every flavor imaginable, like mocha, peppermint patty, strawberry cheesecake, peanut butter and jelly, and just about anything in between. We love making some of our favorite pre-keto foods into a nourishing fat bomb.
This recipe for Low Carb Keto Chocolate-Covered Vanilla Buttercream Truffle Candy (Keto Fat Bombs) are a keto remix of lusciously rich, creamy, and buttery buttercream! We think they’ll be your new favorite fat bombs.
What Kinds of Fat to Eat on Keto
If you’ve been eating keto for a while, you probably know that not all fats are created equal. We try to include a variety of saturated fats, monounsaturated fats, and polyunsaturated fats as part of our diet. Here are a few examples of healthy fats, broken down by category:
Healthy Saturated Fat Sources (Great For Adding to Keto Fat Bombs)
- Organic coconut oil
- Grass-fed dairy, like butter and cream
- Grass-fed fatty meat
- Lard from grass-fed pork
- Organic cacao butter
Healthy Monounsaturated Fat Sources
- Olives and extra-virgin olive oil
- Avocados and avocado oil
Healthy Polyunsaturated Fat Sources
- Flaxseed or flax oil
- Fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and trout
When You Should Eat Fat Bombs on the Ketogenic Diet
Fat is a large part of the ketogenic way of eating, making up about 70% of macros. Getting enough fat to keep your body in ketosis is crucial. Since the fat content in our diet is so high, it can sometimes be a challenge to get it all in, which is where tools like fat bombs come into play.
We enjoy fat bombs in a variety of flavors, both sweet and savory, but sweet fat bombs (basically “keto candy”) can be a lifesaver if you have a sweet tooth. Fat is incredibly satiating, and as a result there are usually no feelings of deprivation when following the ketogenic lifestyle.
If you love this simple fat bomb recipe, check out our post on the 50 best fat bomb recipes! For EVEN more fat bomb recipes, get our new fat bomb ebook where we share our favorite sweet and savory fat bomb recipes!
More Delicious Keto Fat Bomb Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Fat Bombs from The Keto Queens
- Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs from Healthy Sweet Eats
- Vanilla Toasted Coconut Fat Bombs from The Keto Queens
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Fat Bombs from Lara Clevenger
- Keto Chocolate-Coated Maple Walnut Cheesecake Truffles from An Edible Mosaic
- Chocolate Buttercream Cups from The Keto Queens
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
Or if you don’t have enough time to cook, we’ve partnered with Diet-To-Go to give you $40 off 1 week of keto meals! They’re super convenient to have on hand. Store them in your fridge if you plan to have them that week, or keep them in the freezer for those “just in case” times.
Join our newsletter if you want to be notified when a new recipe or blog post is live ?
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Low Carb Chocolate Covered Vanilla Buttercream Truffle Candy (Keto Fat Bombs)
- 1 oz cacao butter
- 6 tablespoons organic grass-fed unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 6 tablespoons organic heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz 90% dark chocolate
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler or microwave. Once melted, add the cubed butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in the Swerve Confectioners, vanilla bean paste, vanilla extract, almond extract, stevia glycerite, and salt.
- Once mixed, stir in the cream.
- Pour the mixture into 8 cubes of a standard ice cube tray, and transfer to the freezer. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Remove the candy from the ice cube tray. (If they don’t easily pop out, dip the bottom in warm water for a few seconds.)
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Coat the candy in the dark chocolate and transfer the candy to a wire rack so any excess chocolate can drip off.
- Let the chocolate harden before serving. Store the candy in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Share Your Thoughts