Low Carb Chocolate Covered Vanilla Buttercream Truffle Candy (Keto Fat Bombs) are the perfect way to simultaneously get in those healthy fats and satisfy your sweet tooth!
The keto answer to candy cravings is usually a fat bomb! We’ve seen them in just about every flavor imaginable, like mocha, peppermint patty, strawberry cheesecake, peanut butter and jelly, and just about anything in between. We love making some of our favorite pre-keto foods into a nourishing fat bomb.
This recipe for Low Carb Keto Chocolate-Covered Vanilla Buttercream Truffle Candy (Keto Fat Bombs) are a keto remix of lusciously rich, creamy, and buttery buttercream! We think they’ll be your new favorite fat bombs.
What Kinds of Fat to Eat on Keto
If you’ve been eating keto for a while, you probably know that not all fats are created equal. We try to include a variety of saturated fats, monounsaturated fats, and polyunsaturated fats as part of our diet. Here are a few examples of healthy fats, broken down by category:
Healthy Saturated Fat Sources (Great For Adding to Keto Fat Bombs)
- Organic coconut oil
- Grass-fed dairy, like butter and cream
- Grass-fed fatty meat
- Lard from grass-fed pork
- Organic cacao butter
Healthy Monounsaturated Fat Sources
- Olives and extra-virgin olive oil
- Avocados and avocado oil
Healthy Polyunsaturated Fat Sources
- Flaxseed or flax oil
- Fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and trout
When You Should Eat Fat Bombs on the Ketogenic Diet
Fat is a large part of the ketogenic way of eating, making up about 70% of macros. Getting enough fat to keep your body in ketosis is crucial. Since the fat content in our diet is so high, it can sometimes be a challenge to get it all in, which is where tools like fat bombs come into play.
We enjoy fat bombs in a variety of flavors, both sweet and savory, but sweet fat bombs (basically “keto candy”) can be a lifesaver if you have a sweet tooth. Fat is incredibly satiating, and as a result there are usually no feelings of deprivation when following the ketogenic lifestyle.
More Delicious Keto Fat Bomb Recipes:
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Fat Bombs from The Keto Queens
- Keto Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs from Healthy Sweet Eats
- Almond Pistachio Fat Bombs from The Healthy Foodie
- Keto Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Fat Bombs from Lara Clevenger
- Keto Chocolate-Coated Maple Walnut Cheesecake Truffles from An Edible Mosaic
- 1 oz (28 g) cacao butter
- 6 tablespoons organic grass-fed unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 6 tablespoons organic heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz (115 g) 90% dark chocolate
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler or microwave. Once melted, add the cubed butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in the Swerve Confectioners, vanilla bean paste, vanilla extract, almond extract, stevia glycerite, and salt.
- Once mixed, stir in the cream.
- Pour the mixture into 8 cubes of a standard ice cube tray, and transfer to the freezer. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Remove the candy from the ice cube tray. (If they don’t easily pop out, dip the bottom in warm water for a few seconds.)
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Coat the candy in the dark chocolate and transfer the candy to a wire rack so any excess chocolate can drip off.
- Let the chocolate harden before serving. Store the candy in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, The Keto Queens will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.