Our Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe has all the flavors of your favorite burger packed into a rich and creamy soup!
We LOVE a good ole cheeseburger, but what we dislike are all of the carbs! Faith created this super easy keto cheeseburger soup that has the same great taste. Some may even like our keto soup better!
Most cheeseburger soup recipes call for potatoes, but we omit those because of their carb content! Instead, we pack our low carb cheeseburger soup with bacon, cheese, cream cheese and pickle juice to give it that drool worthy delicious flavor!
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Ingredients
- uncured beef bacon
- lean ground beef
- Organic Valley Unsalted Cultured Butter
- yellow onion
- low-sodium beef broth
- tomato paste
- dill pickle juice
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- Organic Valley Cream Cheese
- Organic Valley Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream
- Minced red onion
- Sliced scallion
- Diced tomato
- Minced dill pickle
- Fresh parsley leaves
Our cheeseburger soup is made without pickles but instead we use pickle juice and have dill pickles as an optional topping. Perfect for those non-pickle lovers.
If you don’t have tomato paste on hand, you can use your favorite low carb ketchup.
Pro Tip: The pickle juice sounds weird, but don’t skip it! It helps create a balanced flavor profile here, and adds to the cheeseburger flavor of the soup.
What to serve with cheeseburger soup
If you’re looking for an easy low carb side to pair with your cheeseburger soup, we recommend the following:
- Our keto homemade white bread toasted, and smeared with cream cheese
- Low Carb Texas Toast to dunk into the soup
- Top your soup with our Bacon Croutons
- If you’re feeling like veggies, serve this cheeseburger soup with a salad and our Easy Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Meal Prep
Total time to make this soup is 60 minutes which makes it a great recipe to meal prep on the weekend! Especially since it makes 7 servings.
1 serving for each day of the week or less if you have kids or a spouse that is eating this keto soup with you. Typically we like to store this soup in the fridge no longer than 5 days. If you have any left, we recommend to freeze it!
How to Freeze Cheeseburger Soup
This soup freezes very well! We recommend freezing it in single-serving glass
containers. To reheat it, thaw it to room temperature in the fridge. Then reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop over low heat for best consistency.
You can also re-heat in the microwave. Just make sure it comes to 165F either way you decide to re-heat it.
How to get cheese to not clump in your soup
Sometimes cheese will get clumpy in soups and no-one likes that! We have some solutions to make sure that doesn’t happen!
- Use block cheddar cheese and then shred it. Some bags of shredded cheese have anti-caking agents in them which may make melted cheese clump in soups.
- Use softer and high moisture cheeses. We prefer to use cream cheese and cheddar cheese in our keto cheeseburger soup recipe. These melt really well and don’t clump!
Other Keto Soup Recipes to try
- Creamy Sausage and Spinach Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Leftover Chicken Bone Broth Soup
- Egg Drop Soup
- Low Carb Vegetable Soup
Sign up below to join our newsletter if you want to be notified when a new recipe is posted?
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe has all the flavors of your favorite burger packed into a rich and creamy soup!
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe without potatoes
- 4 slices uncured beef bacon chopped
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Butter Organic Valley Unsalted and Cultured
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic crushed
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese Organic Valley Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces Cheddar Cheese Organic Valley Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream Organic Valley
- 1 tablespoon parsley freshly minced
- Heat a 5-quart soup pot over high heat. Once hot, add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use a slotted spoon to transfer half the bacon to a bowl and set aside for garnish.
- To the same pot over high heat, add the ground beef, butter, onion, and garlic. Cook until the meat is browned, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beef broth, tomato paste, dill pickle juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, and then cover the pot, turn the heat down to simmer, and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese a handful at a time until fully incorporated. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley.
- Serve garnished with the crispy bacon, remaining cheese, and any additional toppings you want.
- The pickle juice sounds weird, but don’t skip it! It helps create a balanced flavor profile here, and adds to the cheeseburger flavor of the soup.
- Instead of tomato paste, you could use your favorite low carb ketchup.
- This soup freezes very well! We recommend freezing it in single-serving glass containers. To reheat it, thaw it to room temperature, and then reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop over low heat.
- Optional Toppings:
Minced red onion
Minced dill pickle
Fresh parsley leaves