You can have bread on keto!!! This is the BEST fluffy almost zero carb homemade white bread recipe! It is low carb, keto, gluten free, and so easy to make – no kneading or rise time! And also, we have a HUGE announcement you don’t want to miss!
If you thought good keto bread was a myth or urban legend, we’re here to show you that it does exist. And not only does it exist, but it’s within your reach! It’s easy to make, and even easier to eat. Fluffy, soft, white, Wonder Bread-style bread that will take you back to the PB&J or tunafish sandwich days of your school lunches!
Our Keto Bread Book Published by Adams Media
First things first, we wanted to tell you about our brand new cookbook to be published by Adams Media on September 10, 2019. It’s called Keto Bread, and it’s chock full of delicious keto breads and other baked goods!! This keto Homemade White Bread Recipe comes straight from our cookbook.
We pulled out all the stops to come up with the BEST keto versions of bread and baked goods recipes for you in this book. We tested and re-tested and then tested again because we want them to work for you in your home kitchens.
What’s In Our Keto Bread Book
The book contains way more than just keto bread though; it has recipes for the following:
- Bread Basics: These are the recipes for things like Sandwich Buns, Bagels, Fluffy Dinner Rolls, “Wheat” Bread, Pizza Dough, Soft Tortillas, Basic Biscuits, All-Purpose Roll-Out Crust for Pies, and Basic Muffins that are sure to quickly become staples in your kitchen!
- Breakfast: Think Biscuits with Sausage Gravy, Glazed Donuts, Pull-Apart Caramel Monkey Bread, and Oven-Fried Chicken and Waffles. We could happily eat breakfast all day long.
- Lunch: Lunch is often an afterthought or whatever leftovers are in the fridge from the night before, but we make it delicious! Recipes like Panzanella Salad, French Onion Soup au Gratin, Pizza Subs, The Reuben, and Tuna Melts will have you looking forward to lunch.
- Dinner: Here’s where it gets real. We incorporate bread into dinner so there’s no need to feel deprived. These are meals that the whole family will enjoy (even the non-keto-eaters!), so there’s no need to make a different meal. We’re sure that our Herbed Brisket with Focaccia Bread, Carne Asada Tacos, Spinach Curry with Naan, Chicken Parmesan, Sloppy Joes on Sandwich Buns, Chicken Pot Pie, and Crispy Baked White Fish will become favorites for the whole family.
- Snacks: Get ready for Pizza Muffin Bites, Graham Crackers, Spiced Beef Empanadas, Broccoli Cheddar Hot Pockets, and Cheddar Crackers, to name just a few. Snack time will never be the same!
- Desserts: Our Blueberry Pop Tarts will blow your mind. Tiramisu tastes so real you’ll fool your non-keto friends. Classic Cheesecake is better than what you’d get at a bakery. And Thanksgiving will never again have to mean no Pumpkin Pie!
Faith and Lara’s Favorite Recipes From the Book
It was ridiculously hard to choose favorites because we love so many of these recipes! But we both narrowed it down to our top three:
Lara’s Favorites From the Book:
- 3-Cheese White Pizza
- Rosemary Black Pepper Focaccia Bread
- Sweet Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
Faith’s Favorites From the Book:
- Meatball Sliders on Garlic Bread Biscuits
- Herbed Brisket with Focaccia Bread
Where to Get the Keto Queens Keto Bread Book
Our Keto Bread book is available wherever books are sold! You can:
- Buy it on Amazon
- Buy it on Barnes & Noble
Is White Bread Bad for You?
If you’re wondering about white bread calories, carbs in white bread, and white bread ingredients, we’re going to lay everything out for you! In terms of a food being “bad” for you, we prefer to think of food in a positive way; choose mostly foods that nourish your body and make you feel good!
However, if you’re looking for almost zero carb bread, this loaf is for you! With just 1g net carbs per serving, you will be amazed at how delicious this is.
White Bread Nutrition
Regular White Bread
Here’s the nutrition information for 1 (28g) slice of white bread, according to the USDA Food Database:
- 2g protein
- .5g fat
- 14g carbohydrates
- 1g fiber
- 13g net carbs
Our Keto White Bread (Almost Zero Carb Bread!)
Here’s the nutrition information for 1 slice of our keto homemade white bread:
- 5g protein
- 9g fat
- 2g carbohydrates
- 1g fiber
- 1g net carbs
White Bread Ingredients
Compare the ingredients for regular white bread with the ingredients in our keto homemade white bread. Our loaf uses eggs, cream cheese, and unflavored whey protein powder as the base for a soft, fluffy texture. And bonus, make it at home and you won’t have all the additives and preservatives!
Regular White Bread Recipe
Here’s the ingredient list for white bread, according to the USDA Food Database:
- Enriched wheat flour [flour, malted barley flour, reduced iron, niacin, thiamin mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid]
- High fructose corn syrup
- Soybean oil
- Calcium propionate (preservative)
- Calcium sulfate
- Soy Lecithin
- Citric acid
- Grain vinegar
- Wheat gluten
- Potassium iodate
- Monocalcium phosphate
- Calcium phosphate
Our Keto Homemade White Bread Recipe
Here’s the ingredient list for our homemade white bread recipe:
- Avocado oil spray
- Instant yeast
- Cream of tartar
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Apple cider vinegar
- Liquid stevia
- Unflavored whey protein powder
- Psyllium husk powder
- Baking soda
Recipes using our homemade white bread
- Keto BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 3 Cheese Grilled Cheese with BBQ Beef
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Homemade White Bread Recipe
- Avocado oil spray for the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened slightly
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 300F; line a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly
- spray the inside with avocado oil.
- Add the yeast and warm water to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until it’s foamy, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, each in its own large bowl.
- Add the cream of tartar to the bowl with the egg whites. Use a handheld electric mixer to
- beat until the egg whites form stiff peaks. Set aside for now.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, vinegar, stevia, and foamy yeast mixture to the bowl with the egg yolks. Beat until well combined. Add the whey protein powder, psyllium husk
- powder, salt, and baking soda and beat until smooth.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture a little at a time, being careful not to
- deflate the whites (a few streaks or lumps of egg whites are fine).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and let the bread cool in the oven (oven off, door closefor 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- This is almost zero carb white bread! Each serving (1 slice) has just 1g net carbs (based on 10 slices per loaf).
- Don't skip the cool time in the oven, it helps prevent the bread from deflating.
- We all know warm bread is amazing, but let this loaf cool completely before slicing for the best results.
- This bread is quite different from regular bread and it doesn’t toast evenly in a regular toaster! To toast this “White” Bread, we recommend broiling it until golden on each side; but stay with it, the broiler can be tricky! It’s only when you walk away from it that something burns under the broiler.
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
Share Your Thoughts