Keto Weeknight Creamy Sausage and Spinach Soup is a crowd-pleasing recipe that’ll become your go-to meal on those busy nights when you have less than 30 minutes to get dinner on the table! Forget ordering takeout or going out to dinner, this nourishing soup has saved the day in our home kitchens on more than one occasion. This soup is our spin on a creamy sausage soup with greens and potatoes from a popular Italian chain restaurant…done up keto-style by cutting the carbs, not the flavor!
- 2 tablespoons organic grass-fed clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 (12 oz/340 g) package of organic, fully cooked Italian-style chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3½ cups (830 ml) organic chicken bone broth
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 6 cups (255 g) organic baby spinach
- ½ cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh lemon wedges, to squeeze on top (optional)
- Heat the ghee in a 3-quart saucepan over medium to medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook until the sausage is starting to brown and the onion is softened, about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Add the bone broth and crushed red pepper flakes and bring up to a boil; cover the saucepan, turn the heat down to simmer, and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, stirring constantly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream.
- Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper as desired.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges to squeeze into the soup if desired.