This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
This Easy Keto Broccoli Salad Recipe is a delicious blend of savory flavors and crunchy textures in a creamy dressing. It whips up fast and makes a perfect side dish or lunch!
Growing up there were a few items that were part of every summertime family gathering. Baked Beans, Watergate Salad, Potato Salad, Corn on the Cob (which I still make room in my macros for sometimes!), Macaroni Salad. My grandmother’s pie. Mom’s Taco Salad.
Sometimes Broccoli Salad would make an appearance. Every time it showed up, it was one of the first things to go off the buffet table! Everyone loves this salad.
With a perfect blend of creamy sweet dressing, crunchy broccoli, salty bacon, and nutty pepitas, what’s not to love?!
It’s common to add raisins or dried cranberries to this dish for added sweetness. These items are high in sugar so they’re typically omitted from Keto Broccoli Salad. The good news is that the slight sweetness of the creamy dressing adds just enough to give it a perfect balance.
Even though this salad is commonly found at summer picnics, BBQs, and pool parties, there’s no reason to only make this dish in the summer. All the components are available year-round. And this salad makes a great lunch or side dish all year!
Easy Keto Broccoli Salad Recipe
There are two parts to this recipe: the dressing and the salad! They’re both quick and easy to make.
Pro Tip: You can also use this Creamy Dressing to make keto Coleslaw with cabbage!
Creamy Dressing Ingredients
- Apple cider vinegar
- Granulated monkfruit/allulose blend (or sweetener of choice)
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- Red onion
- Roasted salted pepitas or sunflower seeds
Mix up the ingredients for the dressing.
Stir the dressing together with the salad ingredients.
It doesn’t get any easier!
How to Store Broccoli Salad
Store this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Wait to top the salad with the bacon, scallion, and pepitas until right before serving.
Tips for Making the Best Broccoli Salad
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets. Make sure they’re not too big!
- If you want to make this salad ahead of time, wait to add the bacon, scallion, and pepitas until right before serving so they stay crunchy.
Can You Eat Broccoli Raw in Salad?
Yes! It’s not necessary to cook broccoli to make this Broccoli Salad Recipe.
However, some people like to cook the broccoli before making this salad. If you prefer, you can briefly cook the broccoli for this salad.
How Do You Cut Broccoli Florets?
Place the broccoli stalk on a cutting board. Cut the broccoli floret off where the stem meets the larger stalk. If the florets are large, cut them in half (or quarters) so they’re bite-sized pieces.
How Do You Cook Broccoli for Broccoli Salad?
If you want to cook broccoli to make this recipe, blanching it is the best way to go.
How to Blanch Broccoli:
- Make an ice bath. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add about 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the broccoli florets to the boiling water and cook for 60 seconds.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the broccoli from the boiling water to the ice bath.
- Remove the broccoli from the ice bath, drain, and pat dry with paper towels.
What Do You Serve with Broccoli Salad?
This delicious low carb salad is great served with a number of different things! Here are a few ideas:
- Slow Cooker Pork Butt
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Pulled BBQ Beef
- Lettuce Wrapped Mushroom Swiss Burgers
- Instant Pot Chuck Roast
- Keto Buns
- Creamy Crab Salad
- Caprese Skewers
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Keto Watergate Salad
- Chocolate Chip Keto Blondies Bar
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
For something a little longer term, you might be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered. Check out our keto recipe collection!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Easy Keto Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 6 cups broccoli florets rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 medium red onion peeled and diced
- 4 ounces cheddar shredded
- 3 slices beef bacon cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons roasted salted pepitas or sunflower seeds
For the Creamy Dressing:
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl.
For the Broccoli Salad:
- Add the broccoli florets, diced red onion, shredded cheddar, and creamy dressing to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer the salad to a large serving bowl or platter. Top with the crumbled bacon, sliced scallion, and pepitas.
- This recipe makes about 6 cups of Broccoli Salad. Each serving is 2/3 cup, for a total of 9 servings.
- Net Carbs: 4g per serving (2/3 cup)
- Store this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Wait to top the salad with the bacon, scallion, and pepitas until right before serving.