This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Yes, you can eat WRAPS on keto! This Keto Wrap-Style Soft Tortilla Flatbread is perfect for making into sandwiches or quick pizzas for an easy, delicious meal!
Once we start a keto lifestyle, one of the things many of us miss most are bread-like items, such as biscuits, sweet quick breads (our Keto Zucchini Walnut Spice Bread hits the spot!), and wraps.
Over here at The Keto Queens, in our search for the perfect keto baked goods, we had a lot of trouble finding a perfect wrap-style bread or soft tortilla. We finally decided it was time to come up with one!
These soft tortillas were inspired by our recipe for Pretzel Bites (from our appetizers e-book), and they have great bread-like flavor and texture. Don’t skip the yeast, it helps give our flatbread a bready aroma!
Go ahead and stuff these soft tortillas with your favorite sandwich fillings! We like salami, cheese, and a few veggies. What’s your favorite kind of sandwich?
Try these other Fathead Dough Recipes
- Low Carb Pretzel Bites
- Keto Salami and Cheese Pinwheels
- 3 Cheese Fathead Crust Pizza
- Keto Fathead Blueberry Cobbler Bars
These keto tortilla flatbreads would even be great filled with our low carb BBQ Pulled Pork or our pulled BBQ beef recipe. Basically throw on your favorite protein and low carb vegetables and you’ve got a super easy and tasty meal at hand!
Join our newsletter if you want to be notified when a new recipe or blog post is live ?
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Keto Wrap-Style Soft Tortilla Flatbread
- Preheat the oven to 400F; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Add the yeast and warm water to a small bowl and stir with a fork to combine; let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, Italian herb seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese together in a double boiler or microwave. If using the microwave, start out with 1 minute and then stir the cheese with a fork; continue heating it in 15-second intervals until it’s melted.
- Stir the dissolved yeast into the cheese mixture, and then stir in the egg, and finally the almond flour mixture. It’s easiest to do this with your hands; to help prevent the dough from sticking, generously spray your hands with avocado or olive oil before kneading the ingredients together until they form a dough. Let the dough rest at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces; oil your hands and work surface well and press or roll each out into a circle about 5 to 6-inches in diameter.
- Arrange the circles on the prepared baking sheet, sprinkle the sesame seeds on top, and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving, but serve warm (or reheat) to keep the flatbread pliable.
- Net Carbs: 5g per serving (1/2 wrap)