These Keto Salami and Cheese Pinwheels are even better than the traditional high carb version!
They’re nice and crispy on the outside and chewy and packed with flavor on the inside! This low carb pinwheel recipe is super easy to make and utilizes a traditional fathead dough recipe.
We take the idea of a salami and cheese sandwich to new levels with our Keto Salami and Cheese Pinwheels! These cute little savory pastries are perfect for serving at any party, or for grabbing on-the-go for a quick meal.
They’re packed with the flavors you’d find in an antipasto salad, including salami, cheese, red onion, roasted red pepper, and banana pepper. They’re delicious hot or at room temperature. They’re perfect as a keto appetizer or save the leftovers and eat for lunch during the week!
If you’re looking for more keto appetizers, we’ve got you covered! We have an entire ebook dedicated to crowd pleasing keto snacks and appetizers. Some of our favorite are these keto corn dog bites, Sweet and Spicy Asian-Glazed Sesame Wings and crab dip stuffed mushrooms.
Salami and Cheese Pinwheel Ingredients:
- almond flour
- baking powder
- shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- cream cheese
- large egg
- hard salami
- shredded cheddar cheese
- roasted red pepper
- red onion
- banana pepper rings
Honestly these keto pinwheels are super versatile! You can easily change up the flavor profile of pinwheels and have them for lunch each week and never get bored!
How to Make a Pinwheel
In our salami and cheese pinwheel recipe, we start off by making a fathead dough. The fathead dough creates the perfect texture for these keto pinwheels.
Once you have the fathead dough made, then you will roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper to a rectangle. Next you’ll arrange the salami on top of the dough. Then you’ll sprinkle the cheese on top of the salami, and then top with the red pepper, red onion, and banana pepper.
Then all that’s left is to bake these magical pinwheels and you’ll have a delicious keto pinwheel appetizer or enough to have lunch for the entire week. That is if you don’t eat them all before then.
They’re super delicious and may be gone sooner than you want! So, just to be safe you may be better off making a double batch of this keto pinwheel recipe. You can even change up the flavor profile and go for ham and cheese pinwheels, leftover steak and peppers or Italian pinwheels.
The options for these pinwheel appetizers are really limitless!
Other Fathead Dough recipes you may like:
We’ve taken the basic fathead dough recipe, made some tweaks and have been able to use it in a bunch of different recipes to make your favorite meals, in low carb fashions.
Join our newsletter if you want to be notified when a new recipe or blog post is live ?
We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Keto Salami and Cheese Pinwheels
- 3/4 cup 85 g/3 oz almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups 170 g/6 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz 30 g cream cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- 12 thin slices 80 g hard salami
- 1 cup 115 g/4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons mild banana pepper rings chopped
- Avocado oil or olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Lightly spray 8 wells of a muffin tray with avocado oil.
- Whisk together the almond flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese together in a double boiler or microwave. If using the microwave, start out with 1 minute and then stir the cheese with a fork; continue heating it in 15-second intervals until it’s melted.
- Stir the egg into the cheese mixture, and then stir in the almond flour mixture. It’s easiest to do this with your hands; to help prevent the dough from sticking, lightly spray your hands with a little avocado or olive oil before kneading the ingredients together until they form a dough.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper to a rectangle about 9.5 by 13-inches.
- Arrange the salami on top of the dough, leaving a border of about 1/4-inch along the outside. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the salami, and then top with the red pepper, red onion, and banana pepper.
- Use the parchment paper to help you roll up the dough into a log. Cut the log cross-wise into 8 equal pieces.
- Place a roll into each of the 8 prepared muffin wells.
- Bake until golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Not ready to make these keto pinwheel sandwiches? Pin the image below to save for later!
Share Your Thoughts