This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
This is the Best 3 Cheese Keto White Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe we’ve ever made! It’s got a crispy keto crust that perfect for pilling on all the cheese and toppings!
With the flavors of three very distinct cheeses plus garlic, this pizza is proof that sometimes the simplest flavor combinations are the most delicious! If you’ve been looking for the perfect keto pizza crust, look no further because here it is.
It holds up well (because we all need a slice that we can actually pick up, right?), and has great flavor, as well as bread-y texture and aroma. Before going keto this reminds us of white calzones we’d eat up in New York along with a side of marinara sauce for dipping!
Can we talk about this fathead pizza recipe for a little bit. I know what you’re thinking. This is just the same old fathead crust pizza recipe that you see all over the internet…but it’s not!
Faith worked her magic like she normally does and made a few tweaks and additions to the standard fathead pizza dough recipe. And voila! She made this amazing fathead pizza crust recipe!
This fathead pizza dough recipe cooks up nice and crisp. The fathead dough makes a nice thin low carb pizza crust that actually firms up!
You can pick it up and not fear that you’re going to lose all of your toppings to the floor (or dog) like you would with a standard fathead pizza crust recipe. Also, for all of you who are gluten-free have no fear. This is a keto gluten free pizza crust! All of our recipes are gluten-free for that matter.
So to make this 3 cheese white keto pizza crust recipe, first you need to need to make Faith’s version of the fathead dough recipe.
How to Make Pizza Crust with Fathead Dough
When we make our keto fathead almond flour pizza crust, we prefer to cook it on a stone. You don’t have to but we’ve noticed that it does make a difference with the crispiness level of the crust. Also, the pizza stone helps it cook quicker, so if you’re using a standard cookie sheet, we recommend increasing the cooking time by 2 minutes.
First thing we do is pre-heat the oven and then add the yeast to the warm water. Normal fathead recipes don’t call for yeast, but we like adding it because it gives it more of a bread-like taste!
Next you’ll whisk together the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Psyllium husk powder is another one of our additions that makes this recipe stand out! It gives the pizza a little more fiber and structure.
After that you’ll add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds and then give it a stir, and continue microwaving in 20-second increments until the cheese is fully melted. This is standard in pretty much all fat head recipes, but if this is your first time making a fathead dough, don’t worry. Yes the cheese is supposed to be all melted and hard to stir after a while LOL.
Then you will stir the yeast mixture into the melted cheese until combined, and then stir in the beaten egg until combined. Stir in the almond flour mixture until it forms a dough. All of these weird ingredients actually make a pizza dough! I was so surprised the first time I made it too!
To make it a little easier to work with the dough, we suggest oiling your hands so you can knead the dough a couple times until it comes together as a ball.
Another hack. Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper so the fathead dough doesn’t stick to your rolling pin. Ours made about a 12-inch circle. Poke the dough in several places with a fork. Don’t forget this step or it will bubble!
Slide the dough circle onto the preheated clay baking stone and bake until it’s starting to turn golden brown in spots, about 6 minutes. If using a cookie sheet instead of a clay baking stone, cook 8 minutes.
How thick is the crust supposed to be?
We try to roll our fathead dough out as thin as possible before it starts to be see-through or break. You want it thick enough to be crispy, but not thick enough where it becomes a deep dish pizza LOL. If you make your pizza crust a little thick on accident, you can always add a few minutes to the cooking time.
How to reheat pizza?
We prefer to re-heat our fathead pizza in the oven or or toaster oven. For the toaster oven we use the re-heat setting and in the oven I will typically put it at 350F and cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese gets bubbly again.
Where was pizza invented?
The traditional pizza is claimed to have been invented by Raffaele Esposito, a baker from Naples, Italy. When we went to Italy this summer, we must admit we had to have a slice. When in Italy, right?
Who invented fathead pizza?
Fathead pizza was named after the Fathead Movie, where the Older Brother’s Oldest Son created the original fathead recipe. You can find their fathead recipe here.
How to make pizza sauce?
So we didn’t opt to make a traditional red pizza sauce. If you’re in the mood for a red pizza sauce, one of our favorites is Rao’s Marinara sauce because of the minimal ingredients and because of the lower carb count (no added sugar too!).
We made a delicious garlic cream sauce instead which is way lower in carbs than a traditional pizza sauce! This white sauce is super easy to make and you make it all while the dough is cooking in the oven!
To make the white sauce, heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, dried parsley flakes, salt, and black pepper and whisk until smooth. Boom! That’s it 🙂
Other Fathead Dough Recipes we love
- Low Carb Pretzel Bites
- Keto Salami and Cheese Pinwheels
- Keto Fathead Blueberry Cobbler Bars
- Wrap-Style Low Carb Tortillas
If you’re short on time and don’t have any of our pizza crusts pre made we highly recommend our pepperoni keto pizza dip! You’ll get all of the flavors of pizza, but done in minutes!
How to Make the Best Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe
GIVE ME THE TOP 10 KETO TIPS!
Delivered straight to your email.
If you tried this recipe, please leave a comment and rate the recipe. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Xoxo, Lara & Faith
The best 3 Cheese fathead pizza crust recipe
Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley for garnish
- For the pizza dough, preheat oven to 425F. If you have a clay baking stone, place it in the center of the oven to preheat.
- Add the yeast and warm water to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until foamy, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds and then give it a stir, and continue microwaving in 20-second increments until the cheese is fully melted and combined when stirred.
- Stir the yeast mixture into the melted cheese until combined, and then stir in the beaten egg until combined. Stir in the almond flour mixture until it forms a dough.
- Oil your hands and knead the dough a couple times until it comes together as a ball.
- Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper to a 12-inch circle. Poke the dough in several places with a fork.
- Slide the dough circle onto the preheated clay baking stone and bake until it’s starting to turn golden brown in spots, about 6 minutes. If using a cookie sheet instead of a clay baking stone, cook 8 minutes.
- To make the pizza, leave the oven on 425F and leave the clay baking stone in the center of the oven.
- While the dough is baking, make the garlic cream sauce. To do so, heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, dried parsley flakes, salt, and black pepper and whisk until smooth. Turn off the heat.
- Once the crust is pre-baked, spread the garlic cream sauce on top. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Slide the pizza onto the clay baking stone in the 425F oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!