This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Cheddar Ranch Savory Fat Bombs
Cream cheese, dill, garlic, cheddar, pecans… I don’t think we could have come up with a better flavor combination for these keto savory fat bombs.
This is one of the easiest savory fat bomb recipes! Make a large batch of these guys, store them in the fridge and you have the perfect keto snack!
Faith and I made these savory fat bombs when we were up in Jacksonville at my Aunts house. I think these were one of 20-25 recipes that we shot that week.
We also made a video of these Cheddar Ranch Savory Fat Bombs because we wanted to show you how easy they are to make!
Why would you eat a fat bomb?
Fat bombs are a great way to satisfy a sweet or savory craving without filling yourself with carbs, while adding healthy fats to your diet. These little low carb fat bomb snacks can help keep you on track with a keto diet.
Do fat bombs help you lose weight?
They can if you use them right! When you’re craving a snack between meals, pop a savory fat bomb into that beautiful mouth of yours.
These low carb bites can help you to feel full without pumping extra carbs into your body by grazing. When we graze less (especially on empty calorie foods), we tend to start shedding those pounds!
Why are fat bombs important on keto?
Fat bombs are helpful when on a keto diet because they help to increase those necessary fats in your diet, while keeping your carbs down. They’re a fantastic substitute to sugary, un-satiating snacks.
Do fat bombs work?
We use them, and yes they work! A nice, savory fat bomb is a great way to help hit your macronutrient goals for the day on a keto diet.
How do you get enough fat on a keto diet?
Fat bombs are a simple addition to your plate when you’re having a meal that’s low in fat. Though if you really want, you can shove a spoonful of coconut oil or butter down your throat, fat bombs may be a more appetizing way to get your fats in!
What is the purpose of a keto fat bomb?
Fat bombs can help kick your butt back into keto if you’ve fallen off the wagon. If you’re struggling to hit your macro goals for fat, and you’ve had a hankering for something sweet or savory, grab yourself a fat bomb.
These little guys can also help you cut back on unhealthy snacking and deter you from that bag of chips in your pantry that you can’t stop thinking about.
Are fat bombs healthy?
Engorged with healthy fats and lacking in carbs, a nice sweet or savory fat bomb can be a healthy alternative to sugary or carb-filled foods. When we’re in ketosis, our body needs fats to burn for energy, and fat bombs are a healthy way to sneak in these necessary fats.
What foods have fat but no protein or carbs?
Oils, creams, and butters are primarily the foods that are high in fat and contain low or no protein or carbs.
What foods are high in fat but low in carbs?
We wrote an entire post about High Fat Foods for a Keto Diet and made a huge list of foods that are high in fat and low in carbs. We also organized them by the types of fats that they are. Include these in low carb recipes to keto-up your meals!
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa butter
- Palm Oil
- Red Meat
- Duck Fat
- Pili Nuts
- Fatty Fish
- Olive Oil
- Chia Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Olives and olive oil
- Avocados and avocado oil
- Lard (both saturated and unsaturated)
- Tallow (both saturated and unsaturated)
- Duck Fat (both saturated and unsaturated)
- Macadamia nuts and oil
- Pili Nuts (both saturated and unsaturated)
If you love this simple fat bomb recipe, check out our post on the 50 best fat bomb recipes! For EVEN more fat bomb recipes, get our new fat bomb ebook where we share our favorite sweet and savory fat bomb recipes!
We have a bunch of other terrific sweet and savory fat bombs you need to try!
- 3-Ingredient Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites – The Keto Queens
- Keto Edible Sugar Cookie Dough Fat Bombs – The Keto Queens
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs – Healthy Sweet Eats
- Low Carb Chocolate Covered Vanilla Buttercream Truffle Candy – The Keto Queens
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Fat Bombs – The Keto Queens
- Keto Jalapeno Popper – Fat Bombs – Low Carb Yum
- Low-Carb White Chocolate Butter Pecan Candies – Healthy Sweet Eats
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Ranch Savory Fat Bombs
- Add the cheddar, cream cheese, garlic powder, and dried dill to a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the cheese and chill 8 minutes in the freezer.
- Roll the cheese mixture into 14 balls.
- Combine the pecans and parsley in a shallow bowl.
- Roll each cheese ball in the pecan mixture to coat.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.