Cast Iron Pork Chops are a great budget friendly option in place of steak! They’re thick and juicy, and are quick to make! Our cast iron pork chop recipe is done in just 30 minutes!
Cast Iron Pork Chops
No grill, no problem! We love our cast iron skillet and you’ll enjoy this easy to make cast iron skillet pork chop recipe! You’ll love the flavors brought out from this recipe once its pan seared, then cooked in the oven, and topped with creamy pan gravy.
Pork chops have always been one of Lara’s family favorite recipes that you make out on the grill. Sometimes you don’t want to fire up the grill or maybe you don’t have one. But now everyone can enjoy an amazing pork chop meal, with just a handful of ingredients and a cast iron skillet needed.
What Do I Need To Make Pork Chops in Cast Iron Skillet Then Oven
Gathering ingredients for this recipe won’t be a headache. We tend to keep it pretty simple. Most of these ingredients are likely already tucked away in your pantry. Whatever you might not have is easy to find at just about any local grocery store.
- Bone-in pork chops
- Black pepper
- Clarified butter (ghee)
- Garlic, minced
- Fresh rosemary
- Heavy whipping cream
How To Make Cast Iron Skillet Pork Chops
Making perfect pork chops is super simple! First you’re going to sear them in a hot pan. Then you’ll finish it off in the oven to get that juicy and tender result. Here’s how we make the best cast-iron skillet pork chops.
First, pat the pork chops dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Next, heat a medium-large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Then, add the ghee and once melted, sear the pork chops on each side, flipping once.
After that, place the pan into the oven and cook until the pork chops are fully cooked. Finally, transfer the pork chops to a serving plate and place a foil tent on top to keep them warm.
Are Cast Iron Pork Chops Healthy?
The healthiness of a pork chop is mostly dependent on how you are cooking it and how it was raised. We opt for cooking ours in ghee instead of canola oil, vegetable oil or olive oil since we are searing it at such a high heat.
The gravy poured on top does make this meal a little more calorie dense, but it adds to the fat content making it more keto friendly macros. You can always leave off the gravy if you’d rather eat the pork chop plain and save some calories.
What To Serve With Pork Chops
We served these with a side of roasted green beans and it made for an amazing dinner! If green beans aren’t your thing, you can most certainly cook up another side of your choice to pair with this cast iron pork chop recipe. I love switching it up and playing around with different side options so it feels like a new dish every time I make it for dinner.
Want some extra veggies? Add these low carb side dishes
- Keto Zuchhini Beer Macaroni and Cheese
- Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mash
- Low Carb Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
Tips For Cooking In A Cast Iron Skillet
DO NOT substitute a regular skillet for this recipe. Since this recipe is one that will go from the stove top to the oven, you need a cast iron skillet. A regular skillet is not oven safe, so do not try to put it in the oven. Not only will it ruin the meal, but it will also ruin the skillet, and no one wants that.
Once the skillet is heated on the stove, do not grab it with your bare hand. The heat from the skillet transfers up to the handle, making it very hot. Be sure to use a pot holder or oven mitt when grabbing the cast iron skillet.
When cleaning up, don’t wash the cast iron skillet with soap and water, and definitely, don’t put it in the dishwasher. Soaps can dimish the seasoning on the pan, so it’s best to avoid washing with soap. For a full tutorial, check out this article on how to clean a cast iron skillet
More Healthy Dinner Recipes
Dinner doesn’t have to be a boring routine to still be healthy. Mix up dinner with amazing dishes you can still feel good about serving to friends and family. Whenever I’m feeling like I’m in a bit of a dinner rut, these are my favorite go-tos that are easy, healthy, and so delicious!
- The Best Chicken Salad Recipe
- 30 Minute Butter Dill Baked Salmon With Roasted Asparagus
- Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- Weeknight Creamy Sausage and Spinach Soup
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Pan Seared Pork Chops with Creamy Pan Gravy and Garlicky Green Beans
- 32 ounce pork chops 2-inch thick bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound green beans ends trimmed and steamed until fork-tender
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the pork chops, preheat oven to 400F.
- Pat the pork chops dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium-large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ghee and once melted, sear the pork chops, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, flipping once.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the pork chops are fully cooked (the thickest part should read 145F on an instant-read thermometer), about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the pork chops to a serving plate and place a foil tent on top to keep them warm.
- To make the gravy, place the same skillet (with the dripping over low heat. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 2 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream.
- For the green beans, heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the butter and oil. Once the butter is melted, add the green beans, garlic, chicken stock, salt, and black pepper. Cover the skillet and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover the skillet and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the beans start to brown in spots, about 5 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Serve the pork chops along with the gravy to drizzle on top with the green beans on the side.