This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Our Butter Dill Baked Salmon Recipe with Roasted Asparagus is the perfect weeknight dinner! This sheet pan salmon recipe is quick and easy and done in less than 30 minutes! If you’re not a huge fan of salmon, give this a try! This will convert you to a salmon lover!
Butter Dill Baked Salmon Recipe With Asparagus
This baked salmon recipe with asparagus will soon be your favorite way to prepare salmon! It’s so flavorful and delicious you won’t even believe it’s low carb. This recipe is so simple you’ll be putting it in your weeknight dinner rotation!
Not only will you be obsessed with the melted butter with dill drizzled on top, but you’ll also love how well it pairs with the fresh asparagus on the side. Serve it as a weeknight dinner, or impress your guests at your next dinner party. No matter how you serve it, everyone is going to demolish it!
Benefits of Cooking Salmon
Salmon has a highly talked about reputation for having a long list of health benefits. This is largely due to its high omega-3 fatty acid content.
Some benefits of eating salmon include:
- Immunity support
- Great source of lean protein
- Boosts brain health
- Aids in weight control
- Supports strong bones
Picking Out The Right Salmon
We like to buy wild caught salmon! Alaskan sockeye salmon is our favorite!
If you get salmon from a grocery store, make sure it’s not about to go bad! Sometimes you can find a really good deal on salmon, but it might not be the best quality or might need be be used ASAP!
To be sure you’re not buying spoiled salmon there’s a way to tell before you get cooking. Press the fillet with your finger. When pressed, the flesh should spring back, and not leave your fingerprint in it. The flesh should have a bright orange-red hue with nice marbling and there shouldn’t be any super fishy smell.
How To Perfectly Bake Salmon
Alright, it’s time to get down to it. Salmon might seem like a daunting task, but trust me that is not the case! Making this baked salmon recipe is super easy!
Simply follow these beginner-friendly instructions and you’ll be smooth sailing all the way to a deliciously baked salmon topped with dill butter.
First, preheat the oven and line a large baking tray with foil and drizzle on the olive oil. Then, arrange the salmon filets and asparagus on the baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Next, bake until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork and the asparagus is tender.
Finally, once the salmon and asparagus have been cooked, transfer the salmon and asparagus to a serving platter. Then, stir together the melted butter, lemon zest, and dill in a small bowl and drizzle on top of the salmon and asparagus. Lastly, serve along with the lemon wedges to squeeze on top and enjoy!
Other Ways to Cook Salmon
If oven baked salmon recipes aren’t your thing, no worries! There are many ways to cook salmon, all of which are equally delicious as oven-baked salmon.
Here are just a few of the different ways you can cook up salmon for dinner.
- Pan fried: A great option for when you want salmon that’s quick and easy and develops a crispy, crunchy skin, too
- Broiled: This option is for when you are so short on time you need dinner on the table in 10 minutes or less. On broil, you can have the fish ready to eat after about 3 minutes of cook time.
- Grilled: Firing up the grill is the ideal way to cook salmon during the nice weather months, not to mention it makes for quick clean-up work.
- Poached: It’s a fat-free cooking method and a great go to when you’re planning on adding a fatty sauce to your salmon.
- Pressure cooked: If you’re someone who tends to walk away and forget about your salmon, leading to an overcooked fillet, pressure cooking is for you. Just set the timer, walk away and don’t worry about overcooking it.
Check Out Even More Easy Low Carb Dinner Recipes
When days are hectic, the last thing we want to think about is spending hours slaving away making a complicated dinner. Thankfully, no one ever said dinner had to be complicated to still be delicious and healthy.
For a great dinner that comes together in a snap, you have to check out some of my favorite low carb dinner recipes that everyone will love.
If you want to be notified when a new recipe is posted, sign up below to join our newsletter 🙂
GIVE ME THE TOP 10 KETO TIPS!
Delivered straight to your email.
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Sheet Pan Butter Dill Salmon with Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 425Line a large baking tray with foil and drizzle on the olive oil.
- Arrange the salmon filets and asparagus on the baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork and the asparagus is tender, about
- 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon and asparagus to a serving platter.
- Stir together the melted butter, lemon zest, and dill in a small bowl and drizzle on top of the
- salmon and asparagus.
- Serve along with the lemon wedges to squeeze on top.