This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Sugar Free BBQ Sauce is perfect for slathering on ribs, dunking your brisket or even making a low carb barbecue sandwich! Our keto barbecue sauce is slightly sweet and brings just a little heat!
Our sugar free BBQ sauce, like many of our other recipes came out of necessity. Barbecue sauce is Lara’s favorite dipping sauce and sometimes salad dressing too!
She used to put it on everything! Burgers, steaks, fries, chicken fingers, salads…all prior to going keto! Since going keto, the low carb BBQ sauce options are very slim.
Some don’t really taste like BBQ sauce and others have that artificial sweetener taste that we know all too well.
If you don’t have time to make our low carb homemade BBQ sauce, try one of these brands that you can pick up on Amazon.
Low Carb BBQ Sauce Brands
- Alterna Sweets BBQ Sauce (our favorite bottled brand!)
- G Hughes BBQ Sauce (can buy in local stores too!)
- Rufus Teague Sugar Free BBQ Sauce (we have not tried this brand yet)
- Stevia Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Keto Daves Gourmet Barbecue Sauce
Lara’s personal favorite is Alterna Sweet’s. She first met the owners Misti and Jared 3 years ago at KetoCon in Austin, Texas. Since then when she’s not making her own sugar free barbecue sauce, she loading up her BBQ with theirs.
In our homemade barbecue sauce, you won’t find any cornstarch, high fructose corn syrup or preservatives. So many store bought BBQ sauce brands out there are loaded with them. We keep our keto BBQ sauce low in carbs but full of flavor by using minimally processed ingredients.
Sugar Free BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- Tomato paste
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Liquid stevia
- Cayenne pepper
How To Make Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- First, stir together all ingredients in a saucepan
- Next, bring to a boil, and then cover with a lid (but keep the lid ajar), turn the heat down to simmer.
- Then, cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce will thicken as it cooks and it will thicken more as it cools.
- Finally, store the sugar free barbecue sauce in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Use a sauce pan with high sides to help avoid splattering. First you don’t want to clean up a mess, and secondly you don’t want to waste any of this keto BBQ sauce!
- Store your low carb barbecue sauce in glass mason jars. We prefer these because they seal tightly and make the sauce last longer. But we have a feeling you’ll be enjoying it too well and you won’t have any left!
What to put Sugar Free BBQ Sauce on
Join our newsletter if you want to be notified when a new recipe or blog post is live ?
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Sugar Free BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Stir together all ingredients in a saucepan with high sides (to help avoid splattering).
- Bring to a boil, and then cover with a lid (but keep the lid ajar), turn the heat down to simmer,
- and cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The sauce will thicken as it cooks and it will thicken more as it cools.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- 1g net carb per tablespoon
- If you want your BBQ sauce more spicy, add more cayenne pepper
- Use a sauce pan with high sides to help avoid splattering.
- Store your sugar free BBQ sauce in glass mason jars in the fridge to make them last longer.
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!