Keto Summer Sausage Cucumber Bites with Cream Cheese Mousse will soon become your go-to appetizer when you need a foolproof, quick, and easy light bite to serve at a party or gathering. The creamy mousse on top is the perfect textural contrast to the crisp, fresh cucumber rounds, and summer sausage adds a delicious savory touch. Just a tiny sprinkle of fresh chives on top brightens up everything else and makes these look so elegant. They make a lovely addition to a buffet spread and are always one of the first items to disappear! Best of all, they are nearly effortless to whip up and come together in just 15 minutes.
- 3 oz (85 g) full-fat organic grass-fed cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons organic grass-fed heavy cream
- 12 (1/4-inch thick) slices organic uncured turkey or beef summer sausage
- 12 (1/4-inch thick) sliced seedless cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Beat the cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer in a medium bowl until smooth. Beat the heavy cream to stiff peaks in a separate medium bowl. Beat ¼ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the remaining whipped cream ¼ at a time. Cover the mousse and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- To assemble the bites, top each slice of sausage with a slice of cucumber. Pipe the cream cheese mousse on top, and sprinkle on the chives.