This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps are super quick and easy to make! This Thai inspired lettuce wrap recipe is made with ground turkey and cooked in a delicious garlic ginger sauce and eaten with butter lettuce. This Asian lettuce wrap recipe is made in 30 minutes, is gluten free, low carb and fits perfectly in a keto diet!
Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Are you looking for a quick weeknight meal that’s lighter on the calories? We’ve got you covered with our delicious Thai inspired low carb turkey lettuce wraps. These don’t skimp on the flavor either!
We use 85% ground turkey in this recipe, but if you’re not a huge fan of turkey you can switch them out for ground chicken or ground beef. Then we add all the spices!
Garlic, ginger, tamari (is gluten free, but if you don’t have on hand you can substitute soy sauce for this), rice vinegar, fish sauce (no it doesn’t taste fishy in this recipe!), chili sauce and a tad bit of coconut sugar. Yes I said coconut sugar, but it’s such a small amount that it is still a really low carb recipe!
Why have a low carb low calorie meal? Have you heard of strawberry low carb ice cream before? It’s delicious and if you haven’t tried it you are totally missing out! If you’re too lazy to make your own homemade low carb ice cream, check out this low carb ice cream review post. We literally tested over 30 different kinds of ice cream, rated them and said if we’d buy them again.
Thai Turkey Lettuce Wrap Ingredients
- coconut oil
- lean ground turkey
- yellow onion
- fresh-grated ginger
- tamari sauce
- rice vinegar
- coconut sugar
- chili garlic sauce
- fish sauce
- chicken bone broth
- butter lettuce
- red onion
- cilantro leaves
- unsalted peanuts
- crushed red pepper flakes
How to Make Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
First you’re going to cook the ground turkey, onion and celery in a large skillet. Then you’ll add the garlic and ginger. Next add the tamari sauce, vinegar, sugar, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce, and water. You’ll bring this mixture to a simmer and cook for a while.
Then you will divide the meat between the 8 lettuce cups. Finally you’ll top each lettuce cup with red onion, cilantro, peanuts, and crushed red pepper flakes. If you don’t like heat, you can skip the red pepper flakes.
Do Lettuce Wraps Have Carbs?
By substituting lettuce in the place of tortillas, you are cutting out a bunch of carbs! The lettuce wraps will still contain carbs from whatever toppings and fillings you put in them though. So choose wisely 🙂
Other Low Carb Weeknight Dinner Meals
- Quick and Easy Mushroom Stroganoff Sauce with Leftover Grilled Steak
- Keto Creamy Sausage and Spinach Soup
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
Or if you don’t have enough time to cook, we’ve partnered with Diet-To-Go to give you $40 off 1 week of keto meals! They’re super convenient to have on hand. Store them in your fridge if you plan to have them that week, or keep them in the freezer for those “just in case” times.
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lb ground turkey 85% lean
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 large stalk celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh-grated
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth can substitute water
- 8 butter lettuce leaves large leaves
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- 3 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, for garnish
- 1 pinch Crushed red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the turkey, onion, and celery, and cook until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring, occasionally.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the tamari sauce, vinegar, sugar, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce, and water. Bring up to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is mostly evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, divide the meat between the 8 lettuce cups. Top each with red onion, cilantro, peanuts, and crushed red pepper flakes.