This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
With a base of frozen strawberries, this Strawberry Low Carb Ice Cream Recipe whips up quickly in a blender! It’s lusciously smooth and creamy like regular ice cream.
In the dog days of summer, there’s nothing quite like ice cream to cool you down. Chocolate soft serve with rainbow jimmies used to be my flavor of choice before going keto. The funny thing is, even before finishing a medium-sized cone I’d start to feel sick – nauseous and dizzy – yet I pushed through. It was a rare event when I threw out a cone, despite it making me feel ill. After going keto I realized I can still enjoy dessert, just in a more nourishing form of itself, like this Strawberry Low Carb Ice Cream.
Can You Eat Ice Cream on a Keto Diet?
We are firm believers that anything can be re-made into a keto-friendly version of itself. Ice cream is no different! Use keto-friendly ingredients and avoid sugar or sugary fruits, such as bananas. Lastly, calculate the macros to see if it fits into your eating plan!
How to Make Low Carb Ice Cream
Ingredients for low carb ice cream:
Make sure all ingredients are low carb-friendly, and be careful of your sweeteners (we like liquid stevia for this recipe). We recommend organic strawberries for this Strawberry Low Carb Ice Cream. However, don’t forget the healthy fat! Grass-fed dairy, such as heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and/or yogurt, as well as organic coconut milk are good options. If you want to go with a custard base, you can use heavy cream and egg yolks.
Method for low carb ice cream:
- Use a keto cheesecake mousse base (like Low-Carb Keto No-Churn Vanilla Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberry Swirl and Chocolate Chunks)
- Make a low carb custard base (check out this Low Carb Coffee Ice Cream)
- Blend up frozen fruit as the base along with a splash of heavy whipping cream (like we do in this recipe!)
How to Make Easy Ice Cream (aka Instant Ice Cream)
Our favorite method for making ice cream fast is to start with a frozen base (such as frozen berries, or a keto custard mixture that’s been frozen in an ice cube tray), and blend it up in a high-speed blender (we love our Vitamix!). Because the base is already frozen, you’ll have a bowl of your favorite flavor of low carb ice cream in about five minutes.
More Strawberry Low Carb Dessert Recipes:
- Low Carb Strawberry Mousse Tartelettes from An Edible Mosaic
- Low Carb Strawberry Coconut Scones from Primavera Kitchen
- Low Carb Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake from I Breathe I’m Hungry
- Mascarpone Mousse with Roasted Strawberries from All Day I Dream About Food
GIVE ME THE TOP 10 KETO TIPS!
Delivered straight to your email.
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Strawberry Low Carb Ice Cream Recipe (No Ice Cream Maker)
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 drops stevia extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups strawberries whole frozen
- Chia seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender in the order listed and process until smooth and creamy, tamping down as necessary.
- Serve immediately.
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!