Cauliflower Fried Rice is the perfect keto side for your favorite low carb Chinese recipe. Riced cauliflower, mushrooms, celery and Chinese spices make this dish mouthwatering. This low carb fried recipe is made in 30 minutes and is perfect for a weeknight meal.
Whether you like low carb sweet and sour pork, bourbon chicken or beef and broccoli this cauliflower fried rice pairs perfectly. Cauliflower fried rice is an easy and tasty substitute for white rice. Plus you get more flavor too!
So we know typical Chinese food is loaded with carbohydrates. This makes it not ideal for those of us trying to follow a low carb or keto diet.
Something we used to order all the time was fried rice and lo mein. Today we’re sharing our low carb version of fried rice so you can enjoy chinese food on a keto diet.
So typical fried rice is made with either long grain rice or jasmine rice. In our keto version, we sub out the rice for ‘riced’ cauliflower.
Not only does subbing the rice for cauliflower lower the carbohydrates, it also provides additional vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, Vitamin K and Folate.
Why eat cauliflower fried rice?
- Lower in carbs vs typical fried rice
- Addition of vitamins and minerals
- Cruciferous vegetables are high in sulforaphane which have been shown to have a anti-cancer effect
How does riced cauliflower taste?
Riced cauliflower has a high water content and does not really have a strong taste. It tends to absorb the flavors of sauces and seasonings. This makes it for a very versatile component or ingredient.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Ingredients
- unsalted butter
- avocado oil
- shiitake mushrooms
- yellow onion
- stalks celery
- grated ginger
- riced cauliflower
- coconut aminos
- black pepper
- toasted sesame oil, for garnish
How To Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
First, add the butter and oil to a large cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Once the
butter is melted, add the mushrooms and onion and cook until softened but not browned.
Next, stir in the celery, garlic, and ginger. Then, add the riced cauliflower, turn the heat up to high, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
After that, stir in the coconut aminos, salt, and black pepper and turn off the heat. Finally, sprinkle on the scallion and drizzle on the sesame oil; serve.
PRO TIP: If you don’t have any meat on hand, top each portion with a fried egg or two, to make it a meal!
Other Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- Original cauliflower rice
- Cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- Garlic herb cauliflower rice
- Spanish cauliflower rice
Join our newsletter if you want to be notified when a new recipe or blog post is live ?
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 5 oz shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped small
- 2 large celery stalks thinly sliced
- 3 garlic crushed or minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh-grated
- 2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 scallions green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil for garnish
- Add the butter and oil to a large cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and onion and cook until softened but not browned, about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the celery, garlic, and ginger and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the riced cauliflower, turn the heat up to high, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the coconut aminos, salt, and black pepper and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle on the scallion and drizzle on the sesame oil; serve.
- Optional Serving Suggestion: Top each portion with 1-2 fried eggs.
- 6g net carbs per serving
Share Your Thoughts