This healthy cauliflower casserole is sooooo good and a must try for all you Keto people out there! I like to say it’s a kicked up version of cauliflower mac and cheese and is a TOTAL crowd pleaser! This loaded cauliflower casserole features a rich cheese sauce and is delicious as a side dish to any keto dinner recipe!
I run to this low carb cauliflower casserole all the time because it’s such a great side! It’s delicious to go with our favorite dinner or lunch – especially when we have friends over! There are some good keto cauliflower recipes out there, but this is one of my favorites!
This is one of those dishes that is great for potlucks and parties since it’s a great crowd-pleaser! This cauliflower casserole keto recipe really satisfies the non-keto too. It’s a mashed cauliflower keto recipe that reels people in with it’s creamy delicious taste!
Cauliflower casserole recipes are some of my favorite and I will forever recommend this delicious cauliflower mashed potatoes keto recipe! It truly is one you MUST try!!
Just scroll down below for the full recipe to make your very own low carb cauliflower bake!
Benefits of cauliflower
There are some good benefits to eating cauliflower that I just love! Not only in terms of the carbs in cauliflower – but the calories in cauliflower too! With only 66 calories and 16g of carbs per head of cauliflower…. it’s great for losing weight! Or just feeling good for us Keto folks 😉
The cauliflower nutrition is so great for you – it keeps your bones healthy, aids with detox, helps reduce your blood pressure, strengthens your immune system, and even reduces your risk of cancer. That is AMAZING!!
How to make mashed cauliflower
If you’ve never made cauliflower mash before, it can seem somewhat overwhelming! Thankfully, cauliflower mashed potatoes are actually pretty easy! All you need to do is chop it finely in a food processor, cook and simmer in a broth, add milk and cream cheese, and mash until you reach the desired consistency.
If you like it a bit more creamy, you can also add a little butter and run it through a food processor. They come out sooooo good!
While they don’t taste like mashed potatoes, they are such a good alternative!! Personally – I love them. I can reach the same consistency and season them to make them taste pretty fabulous.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- ¾ cup (180 ml) chicken bone broth or vegetable stock
- 3 oz (85 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 12 oz (340 g) sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Fresh herbs, such as basil, for garnish
- Add the cauliflower to a 5-quart pot and cover just to the top with water. Cover the pot, bring to a boil, and then boil until fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes, and then add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more, stirring constantly. Add the wine and cook until reduced by ¾. Add the broth and bring up to a simmer and whisk in the cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in the shredded cheddar a handful at a time until fully incorporated, and then whisk in the Worcestershire, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
- Carefully puree the cheese mixture in a blender or using an immersion blender. Stir the cheese and cauliflower together.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Lightly spray the inside of a 2.5-quart casserole dish with olive oil. Pour the cauliflower/cheese mixture into the dish and bake until bubbling throughout, about 20 minutes. Broil for a couple minutes if desired.
- Serve warm topped with fresh herbs if desired.