This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
This healthy cauliflower cheese casserole is so good and a must try! It’s a kicked up version of cauliflower mac and cheese and is a TOTAL crowd pleaser! This loaded cauliflower casserole features a rich cheese sauce and is delicious as a side dish to any keto dinner recipe!
I run to this low carb cauliflower casserole all the time because it’s such a great side! It’s delicious to go with our favorite dinner or lunch – especially when we have friends over! There are some good keto cauliflower recipes out there, but this is one of my favorites!
This is one of those dishes that is great for potlucks and parties since it’s a great crowd-pleaser! This cauliflower casserole keto recipe really satisfies the non-keto too. It’s a mashed cauliflower keto recipe that reels people in with it’s creamy delicious taste!
Cauliflower casserole recipes are some of my favorite and I will forever recommend this delicious cauliflower mashed potatoes keto recipe! It truly is one you MUST try!!
Just scroll down below for the full recipe to make your very own low carb cauliflower bake!
What are the benefits of eating cauliflower?
There are some good benefits to eating cauliflower that I just love! The cauliflower nutrition in this is so great for you – it keeps your bones healthy, aids with detox, helps reduce your blood pressure, strengthens your immune system, and even reduces your risk of cancer.
You can’t tell me you don’t think that all those benefits are nothing short of amazing!
How many calories in a head of cauliflower?
As if those benefits weren’t enough… the carbs in cauliflower and the calories in cauliflower are pretty great too. It only has 66 calories and 16g of carbs for every head of cauliflower!
Now those are some great numbers – no matter what your health goals are.
Is cauliflower good for losing weight?
Cauliflower is great for losing weight!! It is limited on carbs and calories – but also is a great source of fiber so it slows digestion, resulting in feeling much fuller for longer. These are all great things when you are trying to lose weight like many of us on the keto diet are!
I’d say cauliflower is a perfect ingredient when you’re trying to lose weight.
Does mashed cauliflower taste like mashed potatoes?
Mashed cauliflower doesn’t quite taste like mashed potatoes.. But they’re still very yummy regardless! While they don’t taste like mashed potatoes, they are such a good alternative. Personally – I love them and they are perfect for all kinds of dishes and sides. I can reach the same consistency and season them to make them taste pretty fabulous every time.
How do you make healthy mashed cauliflower?
If you’ve never made cauliflower mash before, it can seem somewhat overwhelming! Thankfully, cauliflower mashed potatoes are actually pretty easy!
All you need to do is chop the cauliflower finely in a food processor and then cook and simmer in a broth. Once you’ve done that, add milk and some cream cheese, and then mash them until you reach the desired consistency.
I love mashed cauliflower because of how easy and delicious it is!
How do you make creamy mashed cauliflower?
If you want your keto cauliflower to taste a bit more creamy… all you have to do is add a little butter and then run it back through the food processor again. This will make it much creamer! I love doing this for some delicious creamy mashed cauliflower. They come out soooooo good.
Join our newsletter if you want to be notified when a new recipe or blog post is live ?
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
If you need a little more hand holding and want something longer term, you may be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500 and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, we’ve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Keto White Wine and Cheddar Cauliflower Cheese Casserole
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 large clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup 60 ml dry white wine
- 3/4 cup 180 ml chicken bone broth or vegetable stock
- 3 oz 85 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 12 oz 340 g sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Fresh herbs such as basil, for garnish
- Add the cauliflower to a 5-quart pot and cover just to the top with water. Cover the pot, bring to a boil, and then boil until fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes, and then add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more, stirring constantly. Add the wine and cook until reduced by 3/4. Add the broth and bring up to a simmer and whisk in the cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in the shredded cheddar a handful at a time until fully incorporated, and then whisk in the Worcestershire, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
- Carefully puree the cheese mixture in a blender or using an immersion blender. Stir the cheese and cauliflower together.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Lightly spray the inside of a 2.5-quart casserole dish with olive oil. Pour the cauliflower/cheese mixture into the dish and bake until bubbling throughout, about 20 minutes. Broil for a couple minutes if desired.
- Serve warm topped with fresh herbs if desired.