Disclosure: We’re super excited to announce that we partnered with Vital Proteins to do this product review. Vital Proteins compensated us for our time; however, all opinions expressed are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this blog possible!
We’re so excited to share what’s new with Vital Proteins! They’re more than just nutritious powders, Vital Proteins reinvented how we supplement collagen. Get ready for…collagen shots!
What’s New with Vital Proteins Collagen?
We can’t wait for you to try the different Vital Proteins Collagen Shots as well as the newest flavor of Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer: Mocha!
What are collagen shots?
Collagen shots are fruit juice based and infused with 7 grams of bovine collagen and other essential vitamins to boost hair, skin, and nail health, as well as other benefits. Bonus: these collagen shot drinks are small enough to take on your next flight! (Each one is only 2 ounces.)
What flavors of collagen shots are available?
The five yummy collagen shot flavors include: Glow, Sleep, Cleanse, Restore, and Zen. Each of these are packed with nutrients to help promote health and vitality in your day to day life.
Are Vital Proteins Collagen Shots keto-friendly?
Absolutely! With only 3 grams of carbs, these little beauties will fit perfectly into a keto diet.
Review of Vital Proteins New Collagen Creamer: Mocha!
This new flavor is a tasty, nutritious addition to your morning coffee. But it’s so versatile and delicious, you’ll find yourself adding it to other things as well! It has subtle coffee/chocolate/coconut flavor that we also love mixed in warm almond milk for a soothing hot drink.
Our thoughts on Vital Proteins Mocha Collagen Creamer:
- Not overly sweet, which is great for those who don’t like sweetened beverages
- Subtle coconut flavor
- No artificial colors (not brown), which we think is a huge plus because we try to stay away from artificial colors and sweeteners
- Possibly use in a keto coffee recipe (add MCT oil or mix with warm coconut milk)
- Goes great in coffee (great for people who don’t prefer sweet coffee like Faith)
- Could use in a recipe for a mocha fat bomb
- If you want a sweeter, hot chocolate mocha flavor, increase concentration by using two scoops of creamer instead of one
Review of Vital Proteins Collagen Shots
Glow (Strawberry and Lemon)
This collagen shot is sweet initially, but then tart with a very subtle lemon and very strong strawberry flavor. I could see myself taking a shot of Glow before laying out on the beach with my friends.
Our thoughts on Glow Collagen Shot:
- Sweet initially, but then tart
- Strong strawberry flavor
- Very subtle lemon flavor
- Coconut water flavor not detected
- Thin liquid
- I could see myself taking a shot of Glow before taking my dogs for a walk on the beach or while laying out on the beach hanging out with my friends
Sleep (Blueberry and Lavender)
This shot has a defined floral flavor with a light blueberry taste, which gives it a relaxing rather than stimulating energy. It is less sweet, allowing for a calming sensation on your palate before a long night’s rest.
Our thoughts on Sleep Collagen Shot:
- Floral flavor
- Light blueberry taste
- Less sweet, allowing for a calming sensation on your palate before a long night’s rest
- Relaxing, not stimulating
- Very thin
- GABA ingredient promotes good sleep
Cleanse (Apple Cider Vinegar, Raspberry, and Lemon)
This is the least potent of all of the collagen shots, as it is sweet but not overpowering and the lemon and raspberry blend cohesively. The crisp flavor is refreshing and can be part of your morning routine. This shot would be perfect for someone who fell out of ketosis and wants to start fresh.
Our thoughts on Cleanse Collagen Shot:
- Least potent
- Strong vinegar smell, but not overpowering vinegar flavor
- Sweet, but not overpowering
- Flavors very blended, no one flavor stands out
- Raspberry and lemon blend cohesively
- Crisp flavor is refreshing and can be part of your morning routine
- This shot would be perfect for someone who fell out of ketosis and wants to start fresh
Restore (Tart Cherry and Turmeric)
For all of you ginger lovers out there, this one’s for you! Despite the strong ginger flavor, the black pepper and monk fruit nicely complement each other to balance the spicy and sweet flavors.
Our thoughts on Restore Collagen Shot:
- Strong ginger flavor
- Black pepper and monk fruit nicely complement each other to balance spicy and sweet flavors
- Subtle sweet smell, yet tart taste
- This one is for the ginger lovers
- Ginger is the forerunner in this flavor profile
- Recommendation: more cherry and monk fruit to cut ginger and add sweetness
Zen (Chamomile and Citrus)
In this collagen shot, citrus and peppermint oil blend together with honey to reflect a fresh mixture and a subtle, yet aromatic flavor profile. This shot would be great to take before a big event or stressful competition to help promote a relaxing headspace.
Our thoughts on Zen Collagen Shot:
- Citrus and peppermint oil blend together with honey to reflect a fresh mixture of a subtle, yet aromatic flavor profile
- L-theanine to promote a calm state of mind
- Not overly sweet
- Slightly tart
- Great to take before a big event or stressful competition to help promote a relaxing headspace
We love other Vital Proteins products too! Check out these recipes that we made using Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, Matcha, and Bone Broth:
- Leftover Chicken Bone Broth Soup
What’s your favorite Vital Proteins product?
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW US on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Lara & Faith