This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
This Instant Pot Keto English Muffin Low Carb Bread Recipe is a breakfast game-changer; slather it in butter, use it as the base to make Eggs Benedict, or turn it into a sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich.
As part of a ketogenic lifestyle, we love sitting down to a nutrient-rich breakfast. The only problem is that eggs can sometimes get monotonous! (We still love our eggs, but sometimes we need to switch things up a little.) That’s where this Instant Pot Keto English Muffin Low Carb Bread Recipe comes in.
You can toast this keto English muffin and slather it in butter. Make a BLT sandwich (keto breakfast of champions, right there!). Use these keto English muffins as the base to make Eggs Benedict (yuuuum), or make a breakfast sandwich with sausage, egg, and cheese and take it on the go on a busy morning. Or you can make the sweet version and top it with full-fat cream cheese or Greek yogurt and a few raspberries. The possibilities are endless!
And this recipe couldn’t be easier to make – we use one of our favorite kitchen appliances, the Instant Pot!
Is Coconut Flour Keto?
Coconut flour is low in carbs and high in fiber, making it a great flour to use for ketogenic baking. It’s a good option if you have a nut allergy and can’t use almond flour. The main thing to keep in mind when baking with coconut flour is that it absorbs a lot of liquid. Generally, use 1/4 cup of coconut flour for every 1 cup of wheat flour.
English Muffin Nutrition Information
English Muffin Calories
According to the United States Department of Agriculture National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference Legacy Release, one serving of a whole grain white English muffin has 140kcals. One serving of our keto English muffin has 170kcals.
English Muffin Carbs
As per the United States Department of Agriculture National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference Legacy Release, one serving of a whole grain white English muffin has 28.6 grams total carbohydrates and 2 grams fiber, with net carbs of 26.6 grams. One serving of our keto English muffin has 3.4 grams total carbohydrates and 1.3 grams fiber, with net carbs of 2.1 grams.
Gluten Free English Muffin
Gluten free coconut flour is the base flour here; it can yield dry baked goods unless you compensate by adding in other binders. In our Instant Pot Keto English Muffin Low Carb Bread Recipe, we use cream cheese and eggs as binding agents. These ingredients help our keto English muffin with both flavor and texture so they don’t crumble apart.
To Make a Sweet Version of This Instant Pot Keto English Muffin Low Carb Bread Recipe:
- Omit the Parmesan cheese, dried Italian herb mix, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add 1 (1g) packet stevia and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Everything else stays the same!
More Low Carb Bread Recipes:
- Almond Flour Bread from Ditch the Carbs
- 90 Second Microwaveable Bread from Gimme Delicious
- Pork Rind Bread from Low Carb Yum
- Psyllium-Flax Bread from Low Carb Maven
- Wrap-Style Soft Tortilla Flatbread from The Keto Queens
If you like this recipe, take a look at our 10 Low-Carb Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Recipes e-book!
- Avocado oil spray
- 2 oz (57 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried Italian herb mix
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, and eggs. Beat in the coconut flour, Parmesan, baking powder, dried Italian herb mix, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Lightly spray the inside of 2 Pyrex glass 1-cup capacity containers with avocado oil. Divide the mixture between the 2 glass containers.
- Place a metal trivet into the inner chamber of pressure cooker. Add 1½ cups (355 ml) water. Cover each container with aluminum foil (to prevent condensation from dripping in), and place the containers on top of the trivet.
- Turn the pot on Manual, High Pressure for 20 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Use tongs or potholders to carefully remove the containers.
- Cool to room temperature, and then cut each muffin in half horizontally.
- If desired, broil or toast each half to lightly brown. Serve.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, The Keto Queens will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.