This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Welcome to your new favorite way to satisfy a chocolate craving: Keto Chocolate Brownie in a Mug! This chocolate keto mug cake is perfect to satisfy your sweets cravings!
By a show of hands, how many of you have made a cake, cookie, or brownie in a mug? Yup, us too. Mostly, it was something we did pre-keto when we wanted junk food, but not a whole batch of junk food (because you gotta draw the line somewhere, right? Lol). Our rich, decadent Keto Chocolate Brownie in a Mug fills in the gap that those pre-keto mug cakes left, and it fits into your macros, and it will leave you satiated and energized! Welcome to the beauty of ketosis.
Here at The Keto Queens, we fully understand that in order to make keto a sustainable lifestyle, a lot of people out there (us Queens included!) need to have keto chocolate options available. We just love it. But the really great thing is that chocolate is fairly easy to fit into a low carb way of eating.
Here are a few great keto-friendly chocolate options:
- 90% dark chocolate
- Stevia-sweetened chocolate, like Chocoperfection or Lily’s (Or make your own keto chocolate bar like Lara did!)
- Unsweetened natural cocoa powder
Easy Mug Brownie Recipe
This brownie in a mug is perfect for those days when you just can’t get a chocolate treat out of your head. It’s easy to whip up, is made in the microwave (although it could probably also be cooked in the oven, if you aren’t a fan of the microwave), and is downright sinful tasting (in the best way possible).
Ingredients for a Mug Brownie:
- Coconut oil spray
- FBOMB Macadamia Pecan with Sea Salt Nut Butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- Unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- Almond flour
- Swerve Confectioners
- Liquid stevia
Instructions for How to Make a Brownie in a Mug:
A big part of the appeal of making a brownie in a mug is that it is so easy to whip up! You basically just mix together all the ingredients, pour the batter into a microwave safe mug, and in less than two minutes in the microwave you’ll have a decadent chocolatey treat ready to eat.
Healthy Fat in this Keto Mug Cake
We use four different sources of healthy fats in this recipe: grass-fed butter, grass-fed cream, organic egg yolk, and an FBOMB Macadamia Pecan with Sea Salt Nut Butter. This helps achieve the best flavor and texture, and also gives a bigger variety of nutrients.
If you’ve never tried an FBOMB, we are in LOVE. Their nut butters are made from nuts and sea salt, only. They have no added sweeteners of any kind, and they’re keto-friendly, paleo-friendly, gluten-free, non-GMO, vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, and peanut free. Not to mention, they’re insanely delicious. They’re the secret ingredient in our Keto Chocolate Brownie in a Mug. Pro Tip: Pack them up and take them with you for a delicious snack anywhere, anytime!
More Low Carb Keto Chocolate Recipes:
- Keto Homemade Almond Joy Candy Bars from Healthy Sweet Eats
- Low Carb Turtle Recipe from Low Carb Maven
- Chocolate Truffle Candy Recipe from Low Carb Yum
- Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Keto Queens
GIVE ME THE TOP 10 KETO TIPS!
Delivered straight to your email.
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook.
Keto Chocolate Brownie in a Mug
- Coconut oil spray for the mugs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 oz Macadamia nut butter 1 FBOMB pack Macadamia Pecan with Sea Salt Nut Butter
- 1 egg yolk large
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond flour
- 4 teaspoons Swerve Confectioners
- 10 drops stevia
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Spray the inside of 2 small-ish mugs, microwave-safe ramekins, or 1/2-cup glass jars with coconut oil.
- Stir together the melted butter and nut butter in a medium-sized bowl, and then stir in the egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in the cocoa powder, almond flour, Swerve, stevia, and cream.
- Divide the batter between the 2 prepared mugs.
- Microwave until the batter is cooked along the outside, but ideally just a touch doughy in the center, about 1 minute to 1 minute, 30 seconds.
- Serve, or cover and keep refrigerated up to 2 days before serving.
- Optional: Top each brownie with 1 teaspoon stevia-sweetened chocolate chips or chunks.
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!