This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Keto Easy Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole has the same flavors as a classic chicken cordon blue recipe, but it utilizes leftover chicken! Zucchini and chicken are baked in a creamy, flavorful three-cheese sauce and topped with just a little bit of crisped pork belly (pro tip: you can use crisped bacon instead). With less than 30 minutes of hands-on prep time, this makes a fairly easy weeknight-friendly (and family-friendly!) meal.
Keto Easy Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup 240 ml chicken bone broth
- 4 oz 115 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 oz 60 g Emmental cheese, shredded (or Swiss cheese)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb 450 g/about 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons cured pork belly crisped (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375F; get out a 1.5-quart casserole dish.
- Add the butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook until softened, but not browned, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Add the broth and bring up to a simmer. Whisk in the cream cheese until smooth; let it simmer a couple minutes until thickened slightly, whisking frequently. Whisk in the Emmental cheese a handful at a time until fully incorporated. Stir in the parsley, Worcestershire, and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Add the zucchini and chicken to the casserole dish and pour in the sauce. Sprinkle on the crisped pork belly and then the Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake until the zucchini is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and broil a couple minutes to brown the top.