We’re sharing the best low carb options for how to order keto at Chipotle! Today we’re giving you step by step instructions on how to order a keto friendly meal at Chipotle.
Chipotle has become one of America’s favorite fast food restaurants, and for good reason. Chipotle is one of the first really customizable fast food places with a Mexican-American fare.
I’m lucky enough that I have a Chipotle right across the street from my gym in Port Orange. Whenever I do a mid-morning workout, I will treat myself to a low carb Chipotle bowl afterwards. It’s not very often though, because I prefer to do workouts at 6 or 7am!
How to Order at Chipotle (Just a Basic Walk-Through, Not Keto Instructions)
- The first thing you do is to choose from things like a burrito, a bowl, or a salad. They also have spin off things like quesadillas and tacos.
- Then you choose your base of white rice, brown rice, or lettuce.
- Next you can add either black beans or pinto beans.
- After that you get to choose your protein. You can do chicken, steak, barbacoa, carnitas, sofritas. They also add “fajita vegetables” under this section as well.
- Then you choose your toppings, like onions and peppers, corn, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, lettuce, etc.
So How Do I Eat Keto at Chipotle?
- I go for the bowl option with cauliflower rice or the salad option.
- Then I loaded up with lettuce.
- Next I opt for half portion of steak and a half portion of chicken.
- I skip the beans and rice, but ask for the onions and peppers (fajita vegetables).
- Then I add Monterey jack cheese, sour cream and guacamole.
- Finally I top it off with a little bit of of red chili salsa.
This comes to 670 calories, 45.5g of fat, 37.5g of protein, 21.5g of total carbohydrates, 9.5g of fiber, 12g of net carbs. This is counting for a full serving of salsa which I don’t typically eat all of. The salsa has 4g of total carbs and 1g of fiber.
Chipotle has this awesome nutrition calculator where you can pre-build your meal to help you build a delicious keto Chipotle meal.
What is Low Carb at Chipotle?
- monterey jack cheese
- fajita vegetables
- romaine lettuce
- sour cream
- tomatillo green-chili salsa
- fresh tomato salsa
- tomatillo red-chili salsa
For nutrition information on each individual ingredient, please see Chipotle’s website.
Is Chipotle Salad Dressing Keto Friendly?
No! Chipotle’s salad dressing has 220 calories, 16g fat, 18g carbohydrates and 0g protein.
Can You Eat Keto at Chipotle?
Definitely! You can eat keto at Chipotle and not be deprived! These keto bowls not only taste delicious but are super filling too.
If you want more low carb options for quick meals on the go, check out our keto fast food list post.
Share some of your favorite low carb and keto foods at Chipotle in the comments below!
Tips for Keto Success
Save Money and Jumpstart Keto
If you found this post and you’re ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan to get into ketosis fast! You’ll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
4 Week Keto Meal Plan
For something a little longer term, you might be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans (1200, 1500, and 1800 calorie levels), weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos, and more!
Keto Recipe Inspiration
Or if you’ve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help with inspiration, we’ve got you covered! Check out our low carb and keto recipe collection.
Share Your Thoughts