This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
Keto Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies whip up in just an hour from start-to-finish, and are a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth without breaking the carb bank! We all know that some days we just need a sweet treat or just a little bit of chocolate…it’s great to have a few low-carb high-fat recipes up your sleeve for just such an occasion! If a classically crunchy chocolate chipper is your thing, these cookies will be your new favorite; they are absolutely perfect along with a cup of coffee as an afternoon snack.
Keto Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup 113 g unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup erythritol
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- ¼ teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 2 cups 225 g almond flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup stevia-sweetened chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Cream together the butter and erythritol until smooth in a large bowl. Beat in the egg, and then the vanilla, molasses, and stevia glycerite.
- Combine the almond flour, arrowroot starch, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet, and then stir the pecans and chocolate into the dough.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper or silpat liners. Let the dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, and then use a 1-tablespoon measure to scoop it into balls. Arrange the balls on the baking trays, flatten each slightly, and sprinkle a little sea salt on top. Bake until golden on the bottom, about 20 minutes, rotating the trays once halfway through. Turn off the oven and keep the cookies in there (with the oven door closed) for 10 minutes. Remove the cookies and let them cool (they will get crunchier as they cool and they’ll be even crunchier the next day).