Keto Chocolate Buttercream Cups
If frosting is your favorite part of cake, our Chocolate Buttercream Cups are right up your alley!
Think peanut butter cups, but with buttercream swapped out for peanut butter. Rich and creamy
vanilla buttercream is used as the filling, and delicious The Chocolate Trader Keto Milk
Chocolate is melted for the outer shell. It’s easy to make, completely keto, and you can use it as a
fat bomb to up your fat intake.
Servings 6 servings
- 4.5 ounce The Chocolate Trader Keto Milk Chocolate Almond Bark
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons powdered monkfruit/erythritol blend
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon butter extract optional
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons + 3/4 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
Line a muffin tray with 6 paper liners.
Melt 2.8 ounces of the chocolate bark in a double boiler or microwave. Divide the melted chocolate between the 6 liners, brushing the chocolate up about 1/4 inch in each liner. (This is easiest to do when the chocolate has cooled just a little, but is still melted.)
Transfer to the fridge so the chocolate can set, about 20 minutes. Beat together the butter and monkfruit/erythritol blend with a handheld electric mixer. Beat in the vanilla extract, butter extract, and salt, and then gradually beat in the cream. If your mixture is lumpy, microwave it for 5 seconds and then beat it again, repeating as necessary.
Divide the buttercream between the chocolate cups. Use your fingers to press the buttercream down into each cup and level it as best you can (it doesn’t have to look perfect).
Melt the remaining 1.7 ounces of chocolate bark in a double boiler or microwave. Divide the melted chocolate between the chocolate cups on top of the buttercream. You will have just enough chocolate to cover the top of each Chocolate Buttercream Cup.
Transfer to the fridge so the chocolate can set, about 20 minutes. Serve, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe WON’T WORK unless the butter is at room temperature!
- If you find that your buttercream is lump and isn’t coming together well when you beat it,
microwave it for 5 seconds and then beat it again, repeating as necessary.
- For a sweet almond-flavored buttercream, swap out the butter extract for almond extract.
- You can also use The Chocolate Trader Keto Dark Chocolate Almond Bark for this
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 10mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 422IU | Calcium: 7mg