Keto Weeknight Creamy Sausage and Spinach Soup
Keto Weeknight Creamy Sausage and Spinach Soup is a crowd-pleasing recipe that’ll become your go-to meal on those busy nights when you have less than 30 minutes to get dinner on the table and still want to eat healthy!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons organic grass-fed clarified butter ghee
- 1 12 oz/340 g package of organic, fully cooked Italian-style chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 1/2 cups 830 ml organic chicken bone broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 6 cups 255 g organic baby spinach
- 1/2 cup 120 ml heavy whipping cream
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon wedges to squeeze on top (optional)
Heat the ghee in a 3-quart saucepan over medium to medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook until the sausage is starting to brown and the onion is softened, about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
Add the bone broth and crushed red pepper flakes and bring up to a boil; cover the saucepan, turn the heat down to simmer, and cook 5 minutes.
Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, stirring constantly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream.
Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper as desired.
Serve with fresh lemon wedges to squeeze into the soup if desired.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 358.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.2g | Protein: 24.2g | Fat: 25.7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.8g | Fiber: 2.4g