Keto Easy Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole
Zucchini and chicken are baked in a creamy, flavorful three-cheese sauce and topped with a bit of crisped pork belly in an easy to make casserole.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ small onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 oz Emmental cheese shredded (or Swiss cheese)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb zucchini sliced
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken see Note
- 2 tablespoons cured pork belly crisped (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 375°F; get out a 1.5-quart casserole dish.
Add the butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook until softened, but not browned, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the cream cheese until smooth; let it simmer a couple minutes until thickened slightly, whisking frequently.
Whisk in the Emmental cheese a handful at a time until fully incorporated. Stir in the parsley, Worcestershire, and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
Add the zucchini and chicken to the casserole dish and pour in the sauce. Sprinkle on the crisped pork belly and then the Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake until the zucchini is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and broil a couple minutes to brown the top.
- Net Carbs: 7g per serving
- This is a great use for leftover chicken, or store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Instead of pork belly, you can substitute 2 slices of crisped, crumbled bacon.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 445mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1031IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 2mg