Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe without potatoes
This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe has all the flavors of your favorite burger packed into a rich and creamy soup!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Servings 7 1 cup servings
- 4 slices uncured beef bacon chopped
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Butter Organic Valley Unsalted and Cultured
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic crushed
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese Organic Valley Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces Cheddar Cheese Organic Valley Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream Organic Valley
- 1 tablespoon parsley freshly minced
Heat a 5-quart soup pot over high heat. Once hot, add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use a slotted spoon to transfer half the bacon to a bowl and set aside for garnish.
To the same pot over high heat, add the ground beef, butter, onion, and garlic. Cook until the meat is browned, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the beef broth, tomato paste, dill pickle juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, and then cover the pot, turn the heat down to simmer, and cook 15 minutes.
Stir in the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese a handful at a time until fully incorporated. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley.
Serve garnished with the crispy bacon, remaining cheese, and any additional toppings you want.
- The pickle juice sounds weird, but don’t skip it! It helps create a balanced flavor profile here, and adds to the cheeseburger flavor of the soup.
- Instead of tomato paste, you could use your favorite low carb ketchup.
- This soup freezes very well! We recommend freezing it in single-serving glass containers. To reheat it, thaw it to room temperature, and then reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop over low heat.
- Optional Toppings:
Minced red onion
Minced dill pickle
Fresh parsley leaves
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 780mg | Potassium: 658mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 805IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 2mg