Roasted Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Tender and juicy Roasted Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mustard Sauce features perfectly cooked dark meat chicken with a flavorful, zippy sauce. This meal looks impressive, but is incredibly easy to whip up!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
- 4 medium chicken thighs bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature and cubed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Pat the chicken dry and season it on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish and roast until the chicken is fully cooked, about 45 minutes. It should reach an internal temperature of 165F and the juices should run clear.
Remove the chicken thighs from the baking dish. Strain the juices through a fine mesh sieve, reserving 2 tablespoons of the juices and discarding the rest.
Add the 2 tablespoons chicken juices and the chicken stock to a small saucepan over medium heat. Once simmering, whisk in the cream cheese, Dijon mustard, stone-ground mustard, yellow mustard, liquid stevia, and garlic powder. Continue whisking until the cream cheese is fully integrated, and then remove from the heat.
Serve the chicken thighs with the mustard sauce spooned on top, garnished with parsley.
- This baked chicken thigh recipe is perfect for meal prep. Whip up a batch of these and our mashed cauliflower recipe for a quick and easy lunch for the week!
- Substitutions - if you don't have bone in chicken thighs you can substitute them for boneless chicken thighs. Reduce the cook time to ~25 minutes or until the chicken thighs have reached an internal temperature of 165F.
Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 254mg | Sodium: 812mg | Potassium: 565mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 557IU | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg