Keto White Wine and Cheddar Cauliflower Cheese Casserole
Rich and flavorful, this Keto White Wine and Cheddar Cauliflower Cheese recipe is inspired by traditional English Cauliflower Cheese; it makes the perfect side dish to any number of things!
Servings 8 (side dish) servings
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 large clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup 60 ml dry white wine
- 3/4 cup 180 ml chicken bone broth or vegetable stock
- 3 oz 85 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 12 oz 340 g sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Fresh herbs such as basil, for garnish
Add the cauliflower to a 5-quart pot and cover just to the top with water. Cover the pot, bring to a boil, and then boil until fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes, and then add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more, stirring constantly. Add the wine and cook until reduced by 3/4. Add the broth and bring up to a simmer and whisk in the cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in the shredded cheddar a handful at a time until fully incorporated, and then whisk in the Worcestershire, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
Carefully puree the cheese mixture in a blender or using an immersion blender. Stir the cheese and cauliflower together.
Preheat the oven to 425F. Lightly spray the inside of a 2.5-quart casserole dish with olive oil. Pour the cauliflower/cheese mixture into the dish and bake until bubbling throughout, about 20 minutes. Broil for a couple minutes if desired.
Serve warm topped with fresh herbs if desired.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.9g | Protein: 14.3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 341g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.6g | Sodium: 441mg | Fiber: 2.3g