Keto Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers - stuffed with cheese!
Cheddar and cream cheese gets stuffed into jalapenos and then wrapped in bacon and baked until the cheese is gooey and the bacon is crispy! These Keto Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are the perfect keto appetizer!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 poppers
- 8 large-ish jalapeno peppers
- 3 oz cheddar sharp, shredded
- 3 oz cream cheese full-fat
- 8 slices bacon
- Avocado oil spray
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Cut a thin slit down the length of each pepper and carefully remove the inner ribs and seeds, trying to keep the pepper itself as intact as possible.
Use a fork to mash together the cheddar and cream cheeses in a small bowl.
Stuff the cheese mixture into each pepper, closing each pepper up as much as possible.
Wrap a slice of bacon around the outside of each pepper, securing with a toothpick if necessary.
Lightly spray each popper with avocado oil.
Arrange the poppers on a large baking sheet and bake until the bacon is crispy, about 20 minutes. You can broil the poppers for a couple minutes at the end if you want to brown them more.
- If you like a little more heat keep some seeds in the jalapeno peppers. If you don't like spicy foods or if kids will be eating these, make sure to remove all of the seeds completely.
- OR If you don’t like any spice/heat level to your food, you could always substitute small sweet bell peppers instead. Depending on their size, you may want to cut your bacon slices in half if you do that.
- You can broil the poppers for a couple minutes at the end if you want to brown them more.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 6.2g | Fat: 10.2g | Saturated Fat: 174g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.7g | Sodium: 239mg | Fiber: 1.3g