Keto Thai Coconut Curry Recipe with Fish
Aromatic with garlic and ginger, this Keto Thai Coconut Curry with Fish is as delicious as it is healthy. It features a balanced flavor profile and has a ton of veggies. Creamy coconut milk gives the broth flavor, body, and richness, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice at the end brightens up all the flavors!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh-grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon tamari sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 2 1/2 cups 600 ml water
- 1 400 ml can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lb 450 g cod filets
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Fresh lime wedges for squeezing on top (optional)
Add the oil to a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onion, bell pepper, and yellow squash and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Stir in the tamari sauce, fish sauce, salt, red pepper flakes, water, and coconut milk.
Bring to a gentle simmer and then add the whole cod filets. Cover the saucepan, turn the heat down to simmer, and cook until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
Taste and add salt and black pepper as desired. Serve garnished with fresh cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 524mg | Potassium: 931mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 685IU | Vitamin C: 33.7mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2.4mg