Low Carb Beef Chili Recipe (Beanless Chili)
Our Low Carb Beef Chili Recipe (Beanless Chili) is perfect football food for game day, and it’s hearty for a fall or winter dinner. Leftovers reheat well, and this also freezes well!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage (hot or mild; bulk or removed from casing)
- 6 large cloves garlic crushed
- 6 large stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 5 cups beef bone broth
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh cilantro for serving (optional)
Turn pressure cooker on, press “Sauté”, and wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up. Add the oil, beef, and sausage, and cook until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the meat. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Press “Cancel” to stop sautéing.
Stir in the celery, onion, broth, tomato paste, chili powder, oregano, cumin, turmeric, and black pepper. Turn the pot on Manual, High Pressure for 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
Serve garnished with fresh cilantro if desired.
Net Carbs: 6g per serving
- If you buy a store bought chili seasoning packet, read the ingredients list! Some of them may have added carbs in the form of flour, corn starch or dextrose.
- If you want to bump up the heat level, feel free to add cayenne pepper or your favorite hot sauce to taste.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 717mg | Potassium: 657mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 755IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 3.1mg