This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
This comforting, hearty and easy to make Lemon Chicken Soup is now a healthy Keto classic!
This delicious, soup has tart and savory flavors of a traditional lemon chicken soup recipe but is made keto and low carb with cauliflower rice! Cooked up easily in just one pot, it’s a low-carb lover’s dream!
Lemon Chicken Soup
PIN IT to your SOUPS Board for later!
Follow The Keto Queens on Pinterest for More Great Recipes!
Why We Love Lemon Chicken Soup
- This lemon chicken soup recipe has a full-bodied, rich flavor!
- The perfect blend of seasonings is highlighted with just a touch of citrusy lemon juice!
- We switched out the carb-laden pasta for cauliflower rice!
- Serve on a chilly night or as a late afternoon lunch with a thick slice of our homemade white bread, or some crunchy tortilla chips.
Ingredients and Variations
VEGETABLES One of each of an onion, a carrot, and a stalk of celery are all you need, but you can add whatever low-carb veggies you have on hand, even a bag of frozen spinach, or green beans will add color and flavor!
BROTH This super creamy broth has just the right combination of healthy fat, herbs, and seasonings and is punctuated by the bright addition of lemon juice.
MEAT This is a great way to use up leftover meat, especially ground sausage or turkey!
How to Make Lemon Chicken Soup
It doesn’t take much to make this easy soup, especially if you have leftover meat and veggies to use up!
- Sauté the veggies then stir in garlic & herbs.
- Add water, broth, rosemary, & chicken, cook until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken, add cauliflower rice, season, and serve!
PRO TIP: Garnish with Parmesan cheese or remove the leaves from the rosemary and sprinkle on top. Or, thinly slice a lemon and place a slice over the soup in each bowl.
Tips for Making Soup
- Cut veggies the same size so they cook at the same rate.
- Buy frozen cauliflower rice to make this recipe extra fast!
Keep lemon chicken soup in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stove. Freeze chilled soup in zippered bags for up to 3 months.
Other Easy Soup Recipes To Try!
- Creamy Sausage and Spinach Soup – ready in under 30 minutes!
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup – super creamy.
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup – a hearty meal.
- The Best Leftover Chicken Bone Broth Soup Recipe! – excellent!
Lemon Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 chicken breast boneless skinless trimmed of fat
- ½ medium onion diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled and diced
- 1 large celery stalk diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cups chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- ½ lemon juiced
- In a large pot melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Stir in garlic, parsley, and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of water, chicken broth, rosemary sprig, and chicken to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Discard rosemary sprig and remove chicken from the pot. Shred chicken and return to the pot adding in the cauliflower rice and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 more minutes and stir in the lemon juice.